Three Counties Area Meeting - 27th September 2008

The three counties here are Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire
this area is covered by Jim Smith. Please contact Jim on threecounties@joc.org.uk
DerekCV8

Three Counties Area Meeting - 27th September 2008

Post by DerekCV8 »

It was great to see many of you again at the Knebworth Classic Car Show and, despite the rather damp weather in the morning..... and the plague of wasps!...... a good day was had by all!

So, the final meeting (for 2008!) of the JOC "Three Counties Area" will be on Saturday 27th September 2008, meeting again at the Hermit of Redcoats at midday. Please do your best to come along, whatever the weather, so we can see 2008 out with a good gathering.

Below is the link to the Hermit of Redcoats website:-

http://www.hermitofredcoats.co.uk

.... and here is the link to the menu:-

http://www.hermitofredcoats.co.uk/menu.pdf

Please e-mail me (as before) with your menu choices so I can pass on our requirements to the Hermit beforehand.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Best regards,

Derek
Derek Chapman
DerekCV8

Thank you!!

Post by DerekCV8 »

Many thanks to everyone who came along to todays Three Counties Area meeting, the last one for 2008. It was great to see you all again and we couldn't possibly have wished for better weather!

We had 10 cars in total, as well as some members without their Jensen's, which made a great finish to the years events, the first for the Three Counties Area.

The plan is to continue with our meetings next year at the Hermit of Redcoats, since everyone seems very happy with the venue. However, if anyone has any ideas about anything else they would like to do, I will of course, welcome any suggestions!

Once again, thanks for all your support, both at todays events, and at all our other gatherings throughout the year.

Looking forward to 2009!

Best regards,

Derek Chapman
Derek Chapman
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Derek

I think the thanks are due to you and your family for all the organization and interest you have generated in the 3 Counties Area. Another good and social turn out and it was nice to put some more faces to names and even remember some faces when they were pointed out to me. ( sorry Kieron but you have lost both weight and hair since I last saw you :D )
Neil Brookes

Post by Neil Brookes »

Hi Derek,

Many thanks for organising such a good event. Can you tell me how you managed to get such good weather!!!

June and I am looking forward to next year’s events….

We are blessed with some great sights and maybe we arrange to all meet at one of these from time to time?

Regards

Neil & June Brookes
Neil Brookes

Lead, follow, or get out of the way
Lee Iacooca Ex Chrysler CEO
Kieron
Co-Administrator

Post by Kieron »

Thanks again Derek & family, and as Steve says, nice to put names to faces..
A good venue to Derek..

There was even an LPG'd Interceptor that ran nicely on LPG only, see pic, and Kevans mint yellow Healey, with some nice mods..

Heres some pics, inluding a great shot of Steve & the SP bonnet, captions please :lol:

See you all next year...

1968 Interceptor Mk 1 115/3012
1971 FF MK 2 127/284

Return to “Three Counties Area”