Three Counties Area Meeting - 28th June 2008

The three counties here are Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire
this area is covered by Jim Smith. Please contact Jim on threecounties@joc.org.uk
DerekCV8

Three Counties Area Meeting - 28th June 2008

Post by DerekCV8 »

The next meeting for the Three Counties Area on 28th June 2008 is fast approaching. This will again be held at the Hermit of Redcoats at Titmore Green, near Little Wymondley at midday.

The pub now has it's own website " www.hermitofredcoats.co.uk " and the full menu can easily be accessed through this site.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you plan on attending and also let me know your choice of food from the menu as before. I can then let the pub know our requirements beforehand.

Hope we can make it as successful as the first meeting and look forward to seeing you all again!

Regards,

Derek
Derek Chapman
Kieron
Co-Administrator

Post by Kieron »

And what a super meeting it was, lovely to put names to faces..

It also seems that with one exception, Daves lovely Green 541, the colour of the cars had to be Blue or Yellow!!!!

heres a few pics.. see you all next time..

Thanks Dave & Julie
1968 Interceptor Mk 1 115/3012
1971 FF MK 2 127/284
londonlad

Post by londonlad »

Looks like a very good turn out, fraid I couldnt be there I was dropping my car off at the garage for a pre Le Mans check over.

Hope to see you next time.

Regards

Richard
Per mere per terram
Interceptor MkII
123\4047 (Gone but not forgotten))
DerekCV8

Thank you all!!

Post by DerekCV8 »

Firstly, my apologies for not posting something sooner, but I had to rush off after our latest meet to help a friend fit a new engine in his narrowboat and only just got back home!

I'd like to pass on my thanks to everyone who attended our second meeting. Despite my early apprehension, we had a great turnout and it was good to see everyone again (as well as some for the first time!).
Special thanks must go to David & Diane O'Connell who, despite being rear ended on the way, still managed to join us. I hope the damage doesn't turn out to be too serious and your lovely car is back in pristine condition again soon. Also, thanks again to those who came along from outside the area. It was great to have you with us again!

The food took a little longer to arrive this time (sorry John!). However, they were much busier with other customers than they were at our first meet, so I guess thats to be expected? The quality was still good though.

The next meet at the Hermit of Redcoats is 27th September 2008. However, before then, we have the Knebworth Classic Car Show on 24th & 25th August 2008. I've had virtually no interest so far for the Bank Holiday Monday (25th August), so will probably make it a one day affair only on Sunday 24th August. However, if enough interest is shown for the Monday, then I'll be more than happy to make it two days, so just let me know what you prefer!

Look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Regards,

Derek
Derek Chapman
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Hi Derek

We have to say that we think it was worth the stop to meet you again and meet some new people. The food was great, beats having just a sandwich at my sister's, who as you know we went to see after.

Keep us informed of things and if we can make them then we will.

Keep up the good work.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
74Ceptor

Whats my nearest Area

Post by 74Ceptor »

I live in Edgware Harrow and although there is suppose to be a London Rep...Nothings doing as I live at the end of the M1 just wondered roughly how far this pub is from me. Other than that Essex is the nearest meet from me. BTW my photo's of my car are in the modification thread under General Discussion.
'74 Ceptor
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

a spit and a fart from you!

up A1 to second Stevenage/Hitchin turn off and about 5 mins from the roundabout

Return to “Three Counties Area”