JOC "Three Counties" Area first meeting!

The three counties here are Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire
this area is covered by Jim Smith. Please contact Jim on threecounties@joc.org.uk
marsh

Post by marsh »

And you can count me in too - I'm coming down from Rutland in my C-V8, so I've pre-ordered a super tanker's worth of four star from my local garage and have cleared the carbon footprint with the department of the environment.

The car is currently in for a service, so it had better be ready or I'll be in an Alfa and that won't do.

Looking forward to seeing you all next Saturday.

Marsh
DerekCV8

Hermit of Redcoats Menu - Please respond asap!

Post by DerekCV8 »

I received the menu from the Hermit of Redcoats this morning and have posted it on my web space. There are four pages and the links are below. I've tried to keep the files as small as possible!

http://freespace.virgin.net/jensen.cv8/menu1.jpg
http://freespace.virgin.net/jensen.cv8/menu2.jpg
http://freespace.virgin.net/jensen.cv8/menu3.jpg
http://freespace.virgin.net/jensen.cv8/menu4.jpg

Please let me know by e-mail ( jensen.cv8@virgin.net ) AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so I can let them know our requirements.

See you all soon!

Regards,

Derek Chapman
Derek Chapman
DerekCV8

Weather for 1st meeting....

Post by DerekCV8 »

Just seen the weather forecast for tomorrow and looks like we might JUST be lucky enough to avoid and significant rainfall...... so look forward to seeing you all with your Jensen's!!

Regards,

Derek
Derek Chapman
DerekCV8

THANK YOU!!!

Post by DerekCV8 »

Well... what can I say?!!! Thank you all for making the effort to come along to our first gathering and making it so successful! If I'm right, I think we had 16 Jensen's arrive in total.... and of course Barrie's beautiful Bentley! As for bodies, I think we had around 30 in total!

It was great to meet many of you for the first time, the food was good, and even the weather was reasonably kind to us.

Hope you all got home safely and look forward to the next one. Once again, many thanks to everyone.

Regards,

Derek Chapman
Last edited by DerekCV8 on Mon May 05, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Chapman
marsh

Thank you

Post by marsh »

Derek,

I'm sure I speak for everyone here, but thank you for organising todays meeting, which was a great success - the weather was kind (well, almost) and the turnout was strong for a first meeting so early in the year with a great variety of fabulous cars.

The venue was excellent and so was the company - it was great to meet you all and finally start putting faces to names.

My C-V8 raced with the clouds all the way home at a steady 80, with all the needles sitting where they should, with the notable exception of the fuel gauge which seemed happier pointing south rather than north.

I mentioned to a number of you that this years Classics on the Common takes place at Harpenden Common on the evening of Wednesday 30 July and if you haven't been before, this is one of the best events on the calendar. Your car does need to be pre-booked and you can get further details by logging onto www.classicsonthecommon.com - hope you can make it.

I look forward to seeing you all again at the next get together and thanks for making me feel so welcome - I'm not a Jensen virgin anymore, so that's one box ticked off!

Marsh
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Well done on a great 1st meeting :D

I just arrived back in Birmingham although I think the clouds chased me all the way home as it poured :(

Just off to wash the car for the 3rd time in 48 hours..............

Good to meet Lee with his C-V8 which he bought locally to me and still looks very good indeed. Naturally it was good to chat to others who's names I can't remember and also those who I've spoken to and met before (Barry, Mike, Steve (Rap72), Dave & Jane etc. etc. etc.

There were some lovely cars there today - not a single even slightly rough one could be seen !!!!!!!!

Thanks to Derek for arranging it :)

I'll add a few pictures when I've uploaded them.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Thanks Derek (and family) really good turnout and really good company. I was not expecting so many but we seem to have taken over the car park and the pub. Nice to put faces to website names.

Steve
Neil Brookes

Post by Neil Brookes »

Dear All....

The first meeting was a huge success....

Thanks Derek, You must be pleased with the turnout...

When is the next one....
Neil Brookes

Lead, follow, or get out of the way
Lee Iacooca Ex Chrysler CEO
Barrie
Tupperware Extraordinaire!

Post by Barrie »

Well done Derek and thanks for organising the get-together.
I enjoyed everyone?s company immensely.
The venue was good:

and having the car park to ourselves was an added bonus and should be even better in the summer months.
Can I suggest we use this venue and reserve the car park for the next bash unless someone has a better idea.
It should be nice for outdoor eating provided by the pub

Special picture for anyone interested in ducks:

Sorry I couldn?t bring the CV-8 but try as I might I can?t get lots of petty things sorted so I?m doing them
myself?????this may take a loooooooooong time.

Wallace enjoying hi?self:

Wallace cruising:

This is what we should have been doing:

Tupperware.
Ps Sorry about the incident with the barmaid and the toast rack. It won't happen again.
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Well done Derek, a great turnout at a good venue, I had a thoroughly good time and enjoyed chatting with everyone. Nice to put faces to Forum names too. Special thanks to Barrie for allowing me to drive the Bentley, the CV8 will be fixed soon so you will not have to see him "slumming it" at future events!

Mike

PS Special prize goes to Steve Hickey for the largest camera. :D
Barrie
Tupperware Extraordinaire!

Post by Barrie »

Wallace wrote:
PS Special prize goes to Steve Hickey for the largest camera. :D
Agreed.
Best F8 I've seen in a long time.

TW
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

A few pictures from my own camera :D

Click on the thumbnail for the full size image.....

:D :D :D :D
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
londonlad

Post by londonlad »

It was a great day and as everyone has allready mentioned good to put faces to names.

Some wonderfull cars there too, Im glad I didnt have my tom tom with me and got lost on the way home, I spent an hour just driving around trying to get home, was a great experience and finished off my day wonderfully.

Definately going to make it to more Jensen meetings this year.

See you all again

Rich
Per mere per terram
Interceptor MkII
123\4047 (Gone but not forgotten))
dermot

Post by dermot »

Apology from me:

Errr sorry I couldn't make it although I tried, things called "daughters" and "lifts" got in the way, big shame since it's only about 15-20 miles away!

Still, it wouldn't have been in a Jensen anyway, Aston or my bike were the likely candidates so I'd have got a verbal kicking anyway :)

Hey Ho...

Good to see it went well anyway!

-D
1965 C-V8 Mk III 112/2316
1999 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am manual, lots of mods
1974 Reliant Scimitar
198? Yamaha FZ750R endurance racer
2006 Honda Blackbird
2016 Yamah MT-10, tweaked, custom paint
2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory, race ecu
1chw

Post by 1chw »

Definitely a good first gathering. Well done Derek, I look forward to the next one later this year and hopefully at least a couple of shows.

Hopefully I won't have to walk next time!
Charles Wheaton,
Interceptor Mk III, '73
136/8512

Return to “Three Counties Area”