Old Warden Event cancelled - 31st March 2013

The three counties here are Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire
this area is covered by Jim Smith. Please contact Jim on threecounties@joc.org.uk
DerekCV8

Old Warden Event cancelled - 31st March 2013

Post by DerekCV8 »

I have just received this from the organisers of this weekends event at Old Warden. For those that were planning on coming along, keep your passes and hopefully it will be re-arranged later in the year?

Good Morning

It is with regret I write to advise that this weekend Classic Rally & Autojumble is unable to go ahead due to poor ground conditions at Old Warden Aerodrome.

The paddock area is currently covered in snow and the ground is saturated below after the recent heavy rainfall.

The event has been postponed and we are working with the venue to find a suitable alternative date to hold this event later in the year.

PLEASE KEEP ALL EXHIBITORS PASSES.

Further details will follow ASAP

We are endeavouring to contact all pre-booked exhibitors but please post this cancellation notice on any club or social media sites you may be subscribed to in order to ensure we reach as many owners as possible.

We hope to see many of you at the 16th Bedfordshire Classic Motor Show at Woburn Abbey on the 5th & 6th May and hope that Spring will eventually arrive!

Regards

Stephen D Smith
Events Director
Derek Chapman
DerekCV8

Re: Old Warden Event cancelled - 31st March 2013

Post by DerekCV8 »

The Old Warden event has been re-scheduled for 13th October 2013 (see below).

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this date as I will be in Switzerland, but hope some of you can go along.

Also, this is the final call for anyone wishing to come along to the Bedfordshire Classic Car Show at Woburn on 5th May. Please let me know asap if you want to join us?

Regards,

Derek Chapman
JOC Three Counties Area

Good Afternoon

We are sorry to advise that the show planned for Easter Sunday at Old Warden in Bedfordshire is unable to go ahead due to the poor ground conditions at the venue.

We have postponed the show until 13th October by which time we hope that we will all be enjoying an Indian summer!

All pre-booked passes will be valid for this show.

Our next event is the 16th Bedfordshire Classic Motor Show at Woburn Abbey on 5th & 6th May, exhibitor pre-booking closes for this show on 14th April.

For those of you frustrated by the current weather why not treat you and your classic to a day out at the seaside? The 25th London to Brighton Classic Car Run takes place on 2nd June – details on our website http://www.classicmotorevents.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. We also have a separate run for all modern day sports, kit and replica cars on the same day, also starting from inside Brooklands Museum.

I hope you have an enjoyable Easter in spite of the weather – why not visit your local motor museum? Hopefully they will still have the heating on!

Thank you for your continued support.

Regards

Stephen D Smith
Events Director
Derek Chapman
jglarkin

Post by jglarkin »

Derek
Your new avatar has been up for a while now, I haven't seen any comments yet?

DerekP66 :?:

Jon
Jon
C-V8 112-2355
541rr 3624319

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62752698@N06/albums
"The renovation story" (a large collection of rubbish pictures of a rotten car).
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

CV9? Stephen !!!
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)