2013 Three Counties Area dates

The three counties here are Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire
this area is covered by Jim Smith. Please contact Jim on threecounties@joc.org.uk
DerekCV8

2013 Three Counties Area dates

Post by DerekCV8 »

Hope you all had a good Christmas and my best wishes to you for 2013.

I thought I should provisionally put out some dates for our gatherings in 2013. I've not yet decided on the venue(s) for our 3 monthly meets, but the dates will be as follows:-

Saturday 30th March 2013

Saturday 29th June 2013

Saturday 28th September 2013

If anyone has some suggestions of nice places to meet up, please let me know.

Also, I plan on having a club stand at the following events:-

Bedfordshire Classic Car Show (Woburn) Sunday 5th May 2013

Knebworth Classic Car Show Sunday 25th August 2013

Please let me know as soon as possible what meetings/events you would like to attend. Bear in mind that tickets for Knebworth and Woburn will need to be ordered about a month in advance.

Look forward to seeing you all again in 2013!

Regards,

Derek Chapman
JOC Three Counties Area
Derek Chapman
DerekCV8

Re: 2013 Three Counties Area dates

Post by DerekCV8 »

I've just received advice that the "Classic Rally & Autojumble" will be held at Old Warden Aerodrome in Bedfordshire on Sunday 31st March 2013.

Since this is the day after the Saturday I originally planned for our first "Three Counties" area get together, I've decided to change this to Sunday 31st March and make this the venue!

If you would like to join us at this event, please let me know as soon as possible so I can sort things out with the show organisers.

Regards,

Derek Chapman
JOC Three Counties Area
Derek Chapman
DerekCV8

Kimbolton Country Fayre 2013

Post by DerekCV8 »

Another event to add to the Three Counties calendar for 2013….. the "Kimbolton Country Fayre" held in the grounds of Kimbolton Castle:-

http://www.kimboltoncountryfayre.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've just e-mailed the organisers with a view to arranging a "Jensen" presence there, so let me know if you would like to come along!

Regards,

Derek

SORRY!!!... should have added that this is on Sunday 14th July 2013!!
Last edited by DerekCV8 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Chapman
Chris C

Post by Chris C »

I will see you at Old Warden on 31st March
Chris

Land Rover Series IIA
DerekCV8

Post by DerekCV8 »

I've just received the application form (linked below) for the Kimbolton Country Fayre. If you plan on coming along to this event, please send the form off individually, but mark it clearly with "Jensen Owners Club".

It would be great if everyone attending could meet at our house as a "Rally point" so we can go the last few miles in convoy and arrive together, but applying individually will ensure that you already have your pass if this doesn't work out for some reason or other?

Please let me know if you are coming along so I am aware of numbers.

Regards,

Derek Chapman
JOC Three Counties Area

http://www.kreismanjensen.com/invite.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Derek Chapman
DerekCV8

Old Warden Classic Vehicle Show & Autojumble 2013

Post by DerekCV8 »

If anyone else would like to come along to the Old Warden Classic Vehicle Show & Autojumble on 31st March 2013, please let me know as soon as possible as I will have to post off the ticket application by the end of February.

We only have two cars attending at the moment, so let's see if we can make it a few more!!

Regards,

Derek Chapman
Derek Chapman
Darren

Post by Darren »

Sorry Derek, I'd love to see the Shuttleworth collection, but I can't make this one :(
Darren Barnes
JOC Membership Secretary
Early Int. INT203449
541 541/905633
jglarkin

Post by jglarkin »

Already booked in at the 'Steam and transport' at Chatham Dockyard for that weekend, will try to catch up with you soon though.

Jon.
Jon
C-V8 112-2355
541rr 3624319

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62752698@N06/albums
"The renovation story" (a large collection of rubbish pictures of a rotten car).
DerekCV8

Changes to 2013 Three Counties Area dates

Post by DerekCV8 »

Unfortunately, I will not be able to organise the JOC Three Counties Area presence at Knebworth this year on 25th August 2013 as I will now be out of the country. If anyone else would like to take the lead to arrange a get together at this event, just let me know.

Also, I will not be in the country for the JOC Three Counties Area meet that I had planned for Saturday 28th September. However, I propose to move this a week earlier to Saturday 21st September.

My apologies for these alterations, but my plans for this year have suddenly become rather manic!!

Regards,

Derek Chapman
JOC Three Counties Area
Derek Chapman
DerekCV8

Post by DerekCV8 »

I thought it was about time I decided on a venue for our get together on 29th June!

After much searching, I have chosen "The Chequers" at Bragbury End in Stevenage. The venue is central, food is reasonably priced with a good variety, and there is plenty of parking. I've been there on a number of ocassions in the past and it has always been good.

My plan this time is that we should meet up somewhere around mid-morning, then make a short drive (30 mins max) together to The Chequers with a view to having lunch as usual at 13:00.

If you are interested in coming along, please let me know as soon as possible and I will then arrange a meeting point which is suitable to the majority. I'll also need to get tables booked at the Chequers as soon as I know numbers.

Hope to see you!!

Regards,

Derek Chapman
JOC Three Counties Area
Derek Chapman

Return to “Three Counties Area”