Three Counties Events - 2012

The three counties here are Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire
this area is covered by Jim Smith. Please contact Jim on threecounties@joc.org.uk
DerekCV8

Three Counties Events - 2012

Post by DerekCV8 »

Well, here we are in 2012 already, so I thought I'd better get on with arranging the Three Counties area events!

The Hermit of Redcoats has changed hands now and is getting rather expensive, and since I figured it was time for a change, the 2012 events will be a change to previous years. I've set the three dates for our gatherings as follows:-

Saturday 24th March 2012

Saturday 30th June 2012

Saturday 29th September 2012

My plan is that the first event (24th March) should be at the "Lower Stondon Motor Museum". I have already spoken to them and they have said that, if we can get at least 20 people to come along, then they can do us a nice buffet for xxx£15.00 per head with entry to the museum included (normally xxx£6.00). If we can't get 20 together, then they can only offer entry at xxx£5.00 per head including a cup of tea!

So, please try to make it to this one and let me know as soon as possible so I can get it booked up.

As for the other two dates, well no plans yet, but if anyone has any suggestions for places we could visit that are reasonably central to the "Three Counties", then I'm open to suggestions? If not, I'll think of something eventually!

As well as our regular three get togethers, I'm also planning a JOC Three Counties attendance at the following events:-

Bedfordshire Classic Car Show at Woburn 6th May 2012

Shuttleworth Vintage Vehicle Day 20th May 2012 ??? (If it is held again - will advise)

Knebworth Classic Car Show 26th August 2012

Again, please advise me as soon as possible if you plan on attending these.

Also, though I am not arranging them, I am also planning on attending the following events:-

The Enfield Pagaent of Motoring 26th May 2012

The Fougere's Rally 1st to 4th June 2012

Bourne Classic Car Show Mid June 2012?

Look forward to seeing you all throughout 2012!

Regards,

Derek Chapman
Derek Chapman
DerekCV8

Post by DerekCV8 »

We already have five cars confirmed for the trip to Lower Stondon Motor Museum on 24th March, so it's definitely on!

However, we could still do with a good few more if we want the buffet laid on, so please try and make it if you can?!!

Let me know asap!

Derek
Derek Chapman
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Derek wrote: I am also planning on attending the following events:- ...
Bourne Classic Car Show Mid June 2012?
Bourne Show - 10th June 2012
Jensen International 8-10th June 2012

!!!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
DerekCV8

Post by DerekCV8 »

Ok, we now have 7 cars and 12 persons confirmed for Lower Stondon on 24th March which is great!

Still need another 8 persons to get the buffet organised, so hope more of you can make it?

I will mail out the meeting time nearer the date, but probably around 10:30am?

Regards,

Derek
Derek Chapman
jglarkin

Re: Three Counties Events - 2012

Post by jglarkin »

I'll be there Derek, any info about times or buffets. I'm not bringing the Jensen, (perhaps I'll bring the odd bit of it to make me feel better). The C-V8 in the collection is the first one I ever saw, so it has a lot to answer for!

Jon.
Jon
C-V8 112-2355
541rr 3624319

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62752698@N06/albums
"The renovation story" (a large collection of rubbish pictures of a rotten car).
Taxsaver

Post by Taxsaver »

Derek

Sorry missed this post earlier.

Will be there. Have you the numbers for the buffet? Can you point me in direction of timings etc please?

Not sure if it will be 2 Jensens and 2 people or 1 Jensen and 2 people. In addition a friend also has a JH2 (not in JOC) - assume no probs with him coming along if he can make it?

Have also put Knebworth event in my diary.

Best

Steven
1958 541 DeLuxe - 541/ 207 3848 - ESJ491 (ex CSK699 and ex Rhodesia /South Africa)

1973 Jensen Healey Mk 2 PRA896M

JOC member 7519
Peter Heywood

Post by Peter Heywood »

Hi,
would it be possible to just turn up on the day? Many things (distance, weather, family, etc ) make it difficult to commit.

Peter
DerekCV8

Post by DerekCV8 »

Should be fine to just turn up on the day. It's all very informal. I've booked a table for 12 at "The Crown" at Henlow for lunch at 1300, but I'm sure they can fit a few more in?!

Look forward to seeing you.

Regards,

Derek
Derek Chapman

Return to “Three Counties Area”