So its goodbye from me, and its goodbye from her...

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc
interjen

So its goodbye from me, and its goodbye from her...

Post by interjen »

Following our recent area group meeting, Alison and myself informed the group of our difficult decision to stand down as the area representatives for the Lincolnshire and S Humberside area. Certain changes within the JOC and ongoing difficulties have made our role rather difficult of late. We have thoroughly enjoyed our work within the group that we formed in April 2004 and would like to thank most sincerely those of you who supported us throughout our 4 years as reps. Our highest point was unarguably the North Yorkshire Moors trip last year, which started off with booking six rooms within the Hotel and finished up as a national event filling over thirty rooms and receiving excellent feedback.
We will formally step down directly after Boston Classic Car Club Show on 10th August 2008. We wish our successor/s all the best in the role.

Simon and Alison Holloway.
2340/1842 Int Conv
1640/30077 GT
115/3215 Int MK1
Bentley 111
Mk1/Mk2 Jag
DB7 Vantage Volante
1926 Clyno Royal Saloon
1922 Aveling and Porter Steam Roller (Sally)
GPZ900R
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Thank you for your hard work and one of the best meetings I've ever attended - namely the North Yorkshire Moors event :D

I trust you'll still be seen out and about at future events and look forward to seeing you some time soon :!:

All the best, Martin.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
mrs interjen
Gee-Gee that GT

Post by mrs interjen »

Thanks for your kind words Martin, it means a lot to us to hear you enjoyed the weekend so much! :D
1961 541s

Post by 1961 541s »

All the best and thankyou for all you have done.Sad to see you go but look forward to boston.
regards
richard :cry: :wink:
Davenewby

Post by Davenewby »

Simon and Alison,

Sorry to see you go, you will be a very hard act to follow :!:

Thanks for all that you have done in setting up yet another new Area within the JOC and for all the events that you have arranged over the past 4 years.

We look forward to seeing you at Boston Show, and once again, let's see if the JOC can win Stand of the Show for the third time running.
:D
David
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Can I also add my thanks to you both for all your efforts - as Martin says the Heartbeat event was one of the best I've attended. It's nice to use the cars rather than sit and polish them.
Also nice to have a reminder of the event (Luke :P )
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
mrs interjen
Gee-Gee that GT

Post by mrs interjen »

It's always nice to come away from a nice weekend with a little souvenir Zac!

We're certainly hoping to go out with a bang at Boston! And yes, Best Stand for the fourth year running would certainly be nice too :D It should be a day to remember, there are still a very few places left if anyone else fancies a nice day out?
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

Simon & Alison,

Very sorry to hear you are standing down.As has been said previously,the North Yorkshire Moors weekend was a triumph for you both. I tried to pursuade you to do it again this year but understandably your family life has to take first place.Organising an Area does take up some time as I have found out :shock:

We will enjoy supporting you at Boston in August.I promised to make it one year and this year is it!

See you both soon.

All the best,

Mark
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
interjen

Post by interjen »

Hello Mark, thank you for your very kind remarks. It is not because of family commitments we are stepping down, god knows this is one busy house but we always managed to set aside time for our club commitments, there are certain things within the JOC that we have tried to change but our voices don't seem to be heard, we now understand why the average age of a Jensen owner is about 69! We will follow closely what happens and decide whether to re-join the JOC in January... or not!

Look forward to seeing you at Boston.
Best regards
Simon and Alison.
2340/1842 Int Conv
1640/30077 GT
115/3215 Int MK1
Bentley 111
Mk1/Mk2 Jag
DB7 Vantage Volante
1926 Clyno Royal Saloon
1922 Aveling and Porter Steam Roller (Sally)
GPZ900R

Return to “Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire”