Newsletter November 2008.

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: Richie

Alan Smith1

Newsletter November 2008.

Post by Alan Smith1 »

Dragon / Y Ddraig
Jensen Owners Club, South Wales November 2008.
The Chewy Alternative to the Credit Crunch"

As reported in the main club mag, the cancellation of the Tredegar House show in September was indeed frustrating but in true SWJOC style, this was a great opportunity to do something else instead and we did of course all head to the bar! Our return to the Priory (which given its more famous namesake is completely inappropriate for us being, as we are, more associated with re-tox than de-tox xxx©) was, like all our meets, great fun and we even managed to eat, (and of course drink), in between the bouts of laughter that dominated the two tables that the 32 of us secured.
Given that the nights have now well and truly drawn in, opportunities to use our Jensens as on Bodfan and Bev's fabulous Brecon Beacons treasure hunt decline. As always however, this does not mean a reduction in our meetings. Indeed, as we have long said, the JOC is every bit about the people as much as the cars - without members we have no club. With this in mind, our next meet, indeed our Christmas meet, has been booked for the 14th December at the Fwrrwm Ishta restaurant in Machen, near(ish) Caerphilly. The restaurant,(www.fwrrwmishta.co.uk 01633 440 227) has a large car park and is easy to find on the main road running through Machen. Our table is booked for 12.30. As always, our meets are a definite case of the more the merrier and all JOC members and enthusiasts alike are very warmly welcomed. Not only do we always have a great time at our meets but I am always refreshed at just how much useful Jensen related info comes to the fore, often serendipitously. Whilst the JOC is a fantastic source of technical information, there really is no substitute for meeting like minded enthusiasts. It would be great to meet again with those area members who, for whatever reasons we have not seen for some time and it has been encouraging to note from the main magazine that our area has seen many new members joining the JOC. A particularly warm welcome is extended to you, so please come along and join the fun. I do of course need to advise the restaurant of numbers so please confirm with me as soon possible. Whilst the credit crunch continues to bite, at least petrol prices are falling so what better excuse to fill your cars tank, and get yourself and hopefully your Jensen to Machen to fill your own tank and have a great time.
Nadolig Llawen
Rich.

Note from Ed ...
This will be the last letter of 2008 and" like Richie, I hope to see as many SW JOC members and their families on the 14th. Though details have yet to be arranged, our first meet of 2009 is likely to be late January I early February at the Cider Mill, Crickhowell, so please start thinking of ideas for next years meets Until then, warmest Christmas wishes to you all.
Jensen hapus
Ed.
Your Area Contacts are:
Area Rep - Ed Pillinger (01873) 840446 "¢
Newsletter Editor - Richard Streeter (07717) 674670 rdstreeter@btinternet.com
Cheerio for now, Alan.

Return to “South Wales Area”