Autumn Newsletter

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: Richie

Richie
V8 Lover

Autumn Newsletter

Post by Richie »

Here's the wording from the Autumn newsletter - if you're in the area and haven't received an email copy, please just let me know and I'll add you to the distribution list...

Clwb Perchnogion Jensen. De Cymru.
Hydref 2019

Summer is now officially ‘over’…and I’m not convinced I really noticed it starting to be honest but there we go. Hopefully you were able to add more than a few miles to the odometers of your Jensen and hopefully this will continue to be the case.

Following my successful interior refurb, I have thankfully managed to do exactly what I hoped, being to merely create and execute some reasons to use my car. Thankfully – and without wishing to tempt any fate – this was achieved minus any mechanical maladies.

You may recall from my previous newsletter that Tony Hutton had also undertaken an interior makeover, though in this case, whilst the car was off the road, Tony took the opportunity to also improve the mechanical side of matters. Hopefully, Tony has finally resolved the tendency his car had to run hot. This was always something of a puzzle because in addition to an uprated water pump and uprated fans that both blew and sucked through a re-cored radiator, the problem stubbornly remained. It would appear however that the re-core of the radiator had in fact been little more than a respray!

A custom built radiator complete with a pair of fans that can really shift some air has consequently been installed. It’s something of a work of art.
The standard radiators do of course deal with both engine coolant and transmission oil.
This radiator is exclusively concerned with flowing engine coolant as the transmission oil now has its own radiator. Fingers crossed that this finally does the job.

As I mentioned above, during the summer I successfully invented a few excuses to get out and about in the car. No such creativity will however be required on Sunday 13th October.

I extend huge thanks to Cath and Chris Dart who have themselves been out and about to research a meeting venue for us. After their exhaustive research, we have booked Sunday lunch at The Ty Mawr, Lisvane, Cardiff CF14 0UF which certainly looks every bit of being the “stunning traditional country pub with exceptional views of Cardiff and the surrounding countryside”, that it is described as. We are meeting there at 1.30. Both the standard and Sunday menus are available and are attached to whet your appetite with further details here:

https://www.sabrain.com/pubs-and-hotels ... f/ty-mawr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As always, the warmest of welcomes are extended to you all – the more the merrier – and I hope for a great turnout. The manager of the Ty Mawr is looking forward to seeing, as he put it, “a lot of cool cars”…so definitely no overheating Tony! (but perhaps some over-eating).

However please do let me know by the 8th October if you can make it as I do need to confirm numbers with the restaurant. I also hope that we may develop ideas for further meets including something that sounds excitingly different … a visit to Concorde on display at Bristol.

With welcomes in mind, over the last year or so we have been joined by new members in the area such as Steven McCue who is the proud custodian of a brace (or more?) of Jensens and Mike Cahill who started life in superb style being brought home as a new-born in the 541 that he has now inherited.

So, here’s hoping for a good catch up on the 13th October. Until then, happy and safe motoring.

Richard

Return to “South Wales Area”