Area Newsletter and 2018 Christmas Dinner

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: Richie

Richie
V8 Lover

Area Newsletter and 2018 Christmas Dinner

Post by Richie »

Christmas is coming and whilst the goose may be getting fat, the wallets tend to become slimmer.

Though when you have a Jensen to run, its unlikely the wallet ever needs to go up a notch on the proverbial belt.

Though not off the road, my own car is partly in bits at present, or at least the inside is as I prepare to embark on renovating her seats, changing them from grubby and split beige to a hopefully more forgiving, and indeed intact black. My plan is to retreat to the ‘man cave’ three times a week while Jane is watching EastEnders – half an hour scrubbing leather with noxious chemicals will still, I suspect, be more pleasant that watching cockneys shouting at each other. Wish me luck.

Had it not been for the skills of Tony Hutton to whom I remain ever grateful, the car would however have been off the road for a tad longer following a bizarre failure of the fuel filler flap. After nearly 50 years and 120,000 ‘running in’ miles, I guess that flap has seen a lot of action; the hinge cried enough and snapped off.

The unusually superb weather we enjoyed during the summer did hopefully allow you to use your cars as often as possible. It’s somewhat ironic therefore that despite a record breaking summer, three local events were effectively rained off, being the classic car shows at Chepstow, Pontypridd and Coleford. Thankfully, Tony Hutton and I did manage to fly the Jensen flag at both Abergavenny and at Malvern where we were joined by fellow area member Ed Pillinger for what was an absolutely superb ‘International’ weekend that saw the hotel’s car park overflowing with Jensen cars and happy owners.

Thankfully, our next meet won’t be weather dependent. This being of course our Christmas gathering which, as has become traditional in recent years, takes place in January! As it seemed to be so well received, and following the same ‘if it’s not broke don’t fix it’ mantra often applied to cars, we are to return to the “Bunch of Grapes”, just off the A470, near Pontypridd. I have booked a table for 1 o’clock on Sunday 27th January,

As ever, the warmest of welcomes is extended to you and yours and the more the merrier applies. I do of course need to let “The Bunch” know numbers in advance and pay a £5 per person deposit so please let me know if you can join us by the 13th January. As ever, here’s hoping for a great turnout so please pop the 27th January in your diary.

In the meantime, I must of course close by wishing you all the very Happiest of Christmas times and I do hope to see you all during what I hope will be a very happy 2019.

Nadolig Llawen!

Richard

Return to “South Wales Area”