Latest Newsletter and Christmas Dinner

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: Richie

Richie
V8 Lover

Latest Newsletter and Christmas Dinner

Post by Richie »

Wording From the latest newsletter I've just scribed:

Once again, I start the December newsletter wondering where on earth the year has gone.

From a JOC perspective, it has been perhaps rather mixed. There were plenty of local events going on throughout the year but attendance was rather limited. In April, we were at Abergavenny, Coleford in May, August saw us at Pontypridd and September we joined in at the inaugural show at Chepstow race course show. This final show, being the ‘replacement’ for the much missed Tredegar House event, was also - in my view at least - mixed. It certainly had more about it than when this event was held at Margam Park but the split show ground was rather less successful.

Though there were plenty of them therefore, the ‘show’ aspect of the year was, from an attendance point of view at least, rather quiet. Our social gathering at “The Priory” in Caerleon back in June was however much better attended and was, as always, a great mix of social chatter and laughter.

Looking ahead therefore, our next gathering will be an entirely social one, being our “Christmas Lunch”. Now that we’re in December, I can talk about Christmas. Following the success last year of doing this in January, I’m sticking with our ‘tradition’ of doing so again. After all, December can be very busy and what else is there to look forward to in January except the realisation that the promises you made yourself to “not spend so much this year” have, once again, been broken. I am however proposing a new venue being a recent winner of the AA’s Welsh Pub of the Year, “The Bunch of Grapes” gastro-pub, just off the A470 near Pontypridd (CF37 4DA for your sat-nav) with more info here:

http://www.bunchofgrapes.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A table has been booked for 1.00 on Sunday 21st January. As ever, I do need to confirm numbers in advance so please do let me know if you can make it by the 7th by which time a £5 per person deposit is needed.

It goes without saying that the warmest of welcomes is extended to you all, particularly to new club members who have joined us being Matthew Daley and David Pemberton. Matthew is the custodian of a blue Mk2 Interceptor (surely the best of the breed?) which will shortly be benefitting from a professional restoration. At the time of writing, I’m yet to speak with David but hope to rectify this in the very near future.

I will close therefore by wishing you all a very happy Christmas and look forward to raising a glass of cheer together in January.

Until then, happy and safe motoring.

Return to “South Wales Area”