Latest Newsletter

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: Richie

Richie
V8 Lover

Latest Newsletter

Post by Richie »

Hers a copy and paste of the words for the latest newsletter...

A Significant Year

As I’m sure you know, 2016 is indeed a very significant year for the Jensen Marque, being 50 years since the launch of the Interceptor.

As you will have read in the main JOC magazine, Shaun Winfield and Chris Reed have organised an epic road trip to Turin and back in homage to that undertaken by Kevin Beattie and Mike Jones. Those lucky enough to be taking part are scheduled to return to the UK on Friday 10th June, arriving at Beaumont Estate in Windsor for celebrations at the International. This, the JOC’s flagship event, is being held a week earlier than usual to host the celebrations exactly 50 years to the day that the first Interceptor arrived in the UK. I do hope that lots of friends from south Wales will be there too to mark the occasion in suitable style, enjoy the buffet and party to welcome the travellers home.

If you’ve not been to an International before, there has never been a better time to attend; this promises to be a particularly special event. More details and booking forms can be found here:

https://www.joc.org.uk/events/international" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More locally, it would be great to see as many cars, but more importantly members, at the Abergavenny Steam Rally taking place on the summer bank holiday weekend at the end of May. Full details and booking forms are here:

http://www.abergavennysteamrally.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://apply.abergavennysteamrally.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please do let me know if you hope to join us so that we may park together.

Looking further ahead, August 13th sees Pontypridd host its 10th Vintage Transport Day at Ynysangharad Park. In addition to a wide range of classic cars, live music and children’s entertainments, this also includes an optional ego boosting parade through the normally pedestrianised town centre. This is great fun but not for the shy because you will feel like a celebrity and the subject of several hundred mobile phone cameras.

September 18th sees Margam Park host the second ‘Big Welsh Car Show’, the successor to Tredegar House.

More details on both of these events will follow.

We therefore already have three ‘car focused’ events right across south Wales to look forward to. But it’s the people, not the cars, which make this club tick. With that in mind, it would be wonderful to have a social type event or two to look forward to. At our very successful Christmas dinner (generally agreed to have been the best yet) a ‘bowling evening’ was suggested which I think is a great idea.
I’m thinking that the evening of Saturday 25th June could be a suitable date. With numerous bowling facilities across the region, subject to demand, I will look to book a venue closest and most convenient to those who have let me know that they fancy what should be a fun evening - by the 1st June please.

As always, if you have any ideas for meets please do let me know as all suggestions are very gratefully received.

In the meantime, drive carefully and here’s looking forward to seeing as many Jensen friends as possible throughout this milestone year.

Richard

Return to “South Wales Area”