Winter - News Letter

This post is currently vacant, if you are interested in filling the role or would like to organise an event, please send an e-mail to areas.joc.org.uk
Clive Bishop

Winter - News Letter

Post by Clive Bishop »

Dear Wessex members,

I hope you will have received your news letter yesterday and I apologise for the issue regarding the server sending it out, but it said all had received it but actually under 50% of you did, hence why it was sent again today but I am unable to split it down to those that did or did not get it first time.

Anyway hopefully you have all received it by now or shortly, when you open your emails linked to the JOC.

Two key events for this region with little timescales are:

02nd April - Haynes Motor Museum - Jensen Show Case at their Breakfast Club Meet.

A number of people have said they will possibly come but it would be good to see just how many we can get there as it is not a Interceptor event. We have the front lawn to showcase the model range and then a separate car park where we can take as many Jensen of any kind - not expecting 50 cars but it would be nice to get close to 20 all told :D

Leave a message here or send an email to Wessex@joc.org.uk

22nd & 23rd April - Mendips Tour

Bookings are coming in from around the country, but the important thing is to see how many of the Wessex region can attend the Saturday or Sunday OR both.

If you can only do one day then I would suggest you opt for the Sunday as that is a charity event with the LIONs Club for some regional charities. This will start at the Wyevale Cadbury Gardens Centre and finish on the seafront grounds in Clevedon, so nice and easy :D

For either days or both, please complete a booking form that can be downloaded from the JOC events webpage or email me and I will send one to you.

Early doors on the bookings look like the JH brigade are just over the dominant force for the weekend if I add in the enquiries for the weekend as well, so a few more of the bigger boys - Interceptors, CV8 and the 541's wouldn't go a miss especially going through the couple of gorges we will be using...

I can also confirm that there will be at least two people taking photographs at strategic points on the Saturdays route and these will be uploaded for free download for those that go on the trip. These are amateur people so no David Baileys or his ilk I am afraid but better than nothing :D

As ever if you have any questions please get in contact.

Clive
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer

Return to “Wessex Area”