Chippenham show this Sunday

This post is currently vacant, if you are interested in filling the role or would like to organise an event, please send an e-mail to areas.joc.org.uk
zacmarshall

Chippenham show this Sunday

Post by zacmarshall »

Hi

We have a couple of events coming up that you may be interested in.

We have a stand at the Chippenham Cherished Vehicle And Family Fun Day which is this Sunday (2nd June). Cars will need to be on site at 10am, the show is on between 11am and 5pm. The show is at the Allington Farm Shop on the A420 just west of Chippenham on the way to Castle Combe.
The classic car show is combined with Farm Food, Craft, Charity and Trade Stands, they will also have Farm Animals and Machinery on show, so it should be a good family day out. Please let myself or Paul Lewis (Lewi), copied above know asap if you would like to attend.

========================================================================

Sunday 29th June is the Castle Combe Classic Car Action Day,
As a club we get a free club stand and entry for the first 12 vehicles (and drivers). You can purchase a full track lap for £25 or a parade lap for £15. A discounted voucher for a bacon or sausage bap plus tea or coffee for £3.50 will also be available.

More details from the organisers:

WHAT’S ON...!

We have been busy working up a full programme both on track and off track for the day.

Porsche 911... 50 Years Young and Still Celebrating!

Porsche 911 has taken an Exclusive Track Session on the day to celebrate their 50th anniversary! This will be a parade lap and one for all to enjoy!

Vintage Bus Passenger Rides

We have tied up with Bristol Vintage Bus Group who will be bringing along a range of vintage and classic buses on the day. Not only will these make a great display (with staff in conductor regalia etc.) but, they will also be offering Passenger Rides of the Circuit.

We have set up 2 x track session slots for passenger rides (10.30am and 3.30pm) and, if the weather is fine on the day (and please... a sun dance is very much needed having just looked out of the window...) then the open top bus can go out and we can do some commentary too!

We’re also working up some “off circuit” passenger rides with trips into Castle Combe Village with stop offs at the Manor House Hotel for cream tea... all details are subject to confirmation!

Charitable Partner

Our friends at the Lotus 7 Club Stand will be collecting for NGVFA (National Gulf Veterans and Families Association) on the day, a charity close to their hearts as the Club Organiser served in a few conflicts including the First Gulf War. NGVFA has been nominated as our Charitable Partner for this event in celebration and thanks for the incredible work that our Armed Forces undertake. This is particularly poignant in light of the event coinciding with Armed Forces Day. Do make sure to pop by their stand on the day.

CAMPING...!

For the hardy amongst you, we will be offering camping at the Circuit for this event. Tents and caravans are both welcome with both being sited at Camp Corner. Set up will be from 6pm on Friday 28th June 2013 with prices at £8 per unit in advance / £10 on the day.

Further details and booking information can be found at the Classic & Retro Action Day page on the website or by telephoning the Circuit on 01249 782417

BREAKFAST MEAL VOUCHER...!

2013 also sees the introduction of Breakfast Meal Deal Vouchers with the Tavern where we have negotiated a special rate on a takeout Bacon/Sausage Bap and Hot Drink for Owner’s Clubs attending the Action Day events. Full details on the Owner's Club Booking Info & Prices 2013 page.

Please let me know if you would like to attend.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: Chippenham show this Sunday

Post by VFK44 »

Just thought I'd highlight the best reason for going to Castle Coombe:
special rate on a takeout Bacon/Sausage Bap and Hot Drink
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex

Return to “Wessex Area”