April in Wessex

This post is currently vacant, if you are interested in filling the role or would like to organise an event, please send an e-mail to areas.joc.org.uk
zacmarshall

April in Wessex

Post by zacmarshall »

Folks,

The next local meeting will be at the Cross Hands this Sunday (15th April) from midday onwards. The Cross Hands for those that haven‟t made it before is at Old Sodbury on the A46 north of the M4 Bath junction.

We have a stand at the Bristol Classic Car show at the Bath and West show ground, Shepton Mallet, the weekend of 20th and 21st April, see http://www.bccsl.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Use code Club33 for a £5 discount on tickets. There will be a meal at the Thatched Cottage on the Saturday night, please let me know asap if you would like to attend. We will have Tony Marshall's Healey HEA4K which is the first right hand drive Healey and a car he knew well when he was Sales Manager at Jensen, Twiggy's C-V8 and Mark Rivron's 1971 Motor Show Interceptor.

The May meeting will be on the sea front at Weston, as part of the Rally for Heroes event. Rally for Heroes are raising money for the British Legion and Help for Heroes.

See http://www.rallyforheroes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more details. Please contact me if you would like to attend, we can arrange to meet up before and arrive and park up together. Not a problem if you turn up later but you will then have to take pot luck with parking. There is a £5 charge for parking which may well be cheaper than the normal cost of parking at Weston.

June as always is a busy month for the club, the International Weekend is at the Chesford Grange, Kenilworth the 7th to 9th June, this year the concours will be on the Sunday rather than a separate event. I visited the hotel for the committee meeting and was very impressed, Richie Streeter did some further research and stayed there overnight and can confirm that they keep the real ale very well and much preferred his stay to the conference centres used previously.

You have the opportunity to have a cream tea in historic surroundings at Highnam Court, Highnam near Gloucester on Saturday 16th June, and then on the 17th June Jean Smith is organising a visit to Avebury Manor, as featured on the TV recently. Please give Jean a ring on 01380 726 876 if you would like to attend as Jean needs to book timed tickets in advance.

The 30th of May is the Healey day at Castle Combe, all Jensens are welcome, contact our own Kevin Howard on 01672 841397.

Any queries either email back or give me a ring on 07917 860 130

regards

Zac
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061

Return to “Wessex Area”