Anything EAST of Leeds

This post is currently vacant - If you are interested in filing the post or organising an event, please send an e-mail to areas@joc.org.uk.
Tommy

Anything EAST of Leeds

Post by Tommy »

There does not seem to be anything happening in Yorkshire that is held EAST of Leeds. Am I wrong and missing out on something or are all Jensen owners in West Yorkshire?
Jensen Tommy
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

Hi Tommy,

The answer to your question is a most definate 'NO'.

The Yorkshire area caters for JOC members throughout the North,South,West and East Ridings ( I prefer the old names despite what laughing boy Ted Heath dictated they should be known as!!) and in addition, include several members who strictly speaking are just outside the Yorks area,for instance Durham.

I run the Yorkshire area with my good friend Brendan Murtagh and we reside in Leeds and Wakefield.Ours is one of the more active areas and we hold events throughout the year.In fact,this year,many of the shows were within the North Yorkshire area,Newby Hall,Duncomb Park and Sledmere House.These were all advertised on the Yorkshire Area of the Forum.
Our main event is the Yorks Area Autumn Weekend which is now in its 4th year.Once again we are in the beautiful Lake District National Park.Details can be found on the Yorks Area of the Forum.This years event is from Fri 22nd to Sun 24th October.There are still a few rooms available in the overflow hotel.You will be made most welcome.

I intend contacting all Yorkshire Area members by mail in the next few weeks to update existing and new members of our various activities.

Please send me a PM with your details as I have no idea what part of North Yorks you reside.You will be made most welcome at any JOC event and I look forward to meeting up with you in the near future.

Regards,

Mark Maniatt (Pie Man :roll: )
Yorkshire Area Rep
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep

Return to “Yorkshire Area”