A warm welcome

This post is currently vacant - If you are interested in filing the post or organising an event, please send an e-mail to areas@joc.org.uk.
CHRIS CAWTHRON

A warm welcome

Post by CHRIS CAWTHRON »

Hello and a warm welcome to all Yorkshire area members.
Let me introduce myself, my name is Chris Cawthron and i'm your new area representative. I have recently taken over from Mr Mark Maniatt, who has been the area rep for the last ten years, and may i say what a fantastic job he has done. He has left me with big shoes to fill.
A little about me, well, i joined the club in 2008, after purchasing my first Interceptor, a Mk3. I found her languishing in a local garage near to where i lived, it hadn't been driven for 12 years, and needed a lot of TLC. It was a Californian import and totally original. What a find!!. After replacing a few parts, i managed to get her up and running. I kept her for 18 months, and then sold her to a guy in Belgium.
I then purchased a Mk2. This also hadn't been used in a long time.( what are these owners thinking??)
Anyway, with a little re-commissioning and new parts I managed to get her on the road. I attended lots of shows, trips and events which were organised by various area reps. I kept the Mk2 for 5 years until i found my current Interceptor ( another Mk3) for sale in Sweden four years ago.
I have found i use this one more than ever, although there are times when she has let me down. there are many stories to tell of all the mishaps i have encountered, but i will leave them for another day, hopefully when we meet at my first event.

Thats all from me for now,
Thanks for looking,
Chris.
(Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming events :o )
I STARTED OUT WITH NOTHING...........AND I'VE STILL GOT MOST OF IT LEFT!!

JOC Member 9251

INTERCEPTOR III 133/5641
INTERCEPTOR II 123/4065 WWT319J (for sale) now sold.
INTERCEPTOR III 128/4874
INTERCEPTOR II 123/3696 ( RESTORATION PROJECT )
Pymmie

Re: A warm welcome

Post by Pymmie »

Hi Chris,

I've posted a link on Facebook to this thread and to the JOC website listing ALL area reps.

If you need any help etc just drop me a line.

Regards

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Well you have taken the plunge.

Wish you all the best Chris and Sue, if we can we will travel to join you.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

Good luck Chris.It can be a lot of work but when it works out it’s well worth the effort.
Best wishes,
Mark
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep

Return to “Yorkshire Area”