NEWBY HALL HISTORIC VEHICLE RALLY - SUNDAY 17th JULY 2016

This post is currently vacant - If you are interested in filing the post or organising an event, please send an e-mail to areas@joc.org.uk.
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

NEWBY HALL HISTORIC VEHICLE RALLY - SUNDAY 17th JULY 2016

Post by Mark Maniatt »

Hello All,

It barely seems credible, but its here once again,Newby Hall Historic Vehicle Rally 2016.As my digits skip neatly over the key board, I ponder where the best part of twelve months went,but went they did, so eyes down folks because here is you starter for ten re; this years clambake.

For those out there in Forum land who are not aware of this enterprise,I should say this is the grandest classic car event,certainly in the North of England and for members in the South of the country,if you look at a map of the UK,find Watford and its that bit above there marked 'NOT THE SOUTH' :roll:

In a normal year,expect around fifteen hundred vehicles with at least two and a half dozen JENNIES.This,the 50th Interceptor/FF Anniversary year, I want to show what a real car club looks like with a stonking Jensen Owners Club presence.I understand other 'lesser clubs' members will require counselling for varying states of inadequacy as a result,but never fear,I carry membership forms designed to overcome said condition.

Aside from vehicle type activities,numerous stalls selling anything and everything are available but in case that doesn't thrill the ladies and the small folk,Newby Hall is well worth a tour.Add to that,the miniature railway and the river trips plus an extensive playground,tested to destruction by our grandson' and a fun day out is guaranteed.One other thing.The restaurant and café are reasonably priced and yes,Ive test driven the pies and flying colours were handed out to the chef.

Ok.Firstly.To all who attended last year,your entry forms have been forwarded and will all have arrived by the morning ( 15th )
Anyone who hasn't attended recently or never before,please let me know here or by PM but please do it ASAP.As always,everyone is more than welcome and a great day is guaranteed.
Finally.Apologies for this years notification being rather later than usual.I've been somewhat preoccupied for many months trying to save GREAT BRITAIN !!!

Regards,
Mark
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
Martin R

Re: NEWBY HALL HISTORIC VEHICLE RALLY - SUNDAY 17th JULY 201

Post by Martin R »

I'd love to but alas, I can't fit it into my tight schedule. Too busy trying to save the world.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
SRS2000

Post by SRS2000 »

Hi Mark - This was the first JOC event I ever went to last year, it was great day enjoyed by all! pls put me down to attend if I'm not already on the list. Regards Steve R
Interceptor MK1 115/2937 (1968) YBP 5G (Genghis)
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

Hi Steve
Thanks for your reply.Your entry is in the post!
Regards
Mark
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Booked In
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
interjen

Post by interjen »

Looking forward to this Mark, see you soon.
Simon and Alison.
2340/1842 Int Conv
1640/30077 GT
115/3215 Int MK1
Bentley 111
Mk1/Mk2 Jag
DB7 Vantage Volante
1926 Clyno Royal Saloon
1922 Aveling and Porter Steam Roller (Sally)
GPZ900R
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

Say to you both.Hope the weathers fine Simon!
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Haven't got entry pass yet Mark..

We are booked in at Mercure Leeds Parkway Hotel for the Saturday night.. makes the journey up easier

See you Sunday
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
interjen

Post by interjen »

Another cracking day at Newby Hall, this (for us especially) has to be the jewel of the North as far as events go. The sun was certainly out for us all day making it possibly one of the best Newby hall rallies in memory, we actually had our hood down all the way there and back.
As everyone who frequents the event knows (this was our 12th) since 2004 I think we have had, including this one 4 dry ones, and one year it was even rained off :!: .
Our enormous thanks go to Mark who sadly due to ill health couldn't come, (you were very much missed Mark) and Brendon for your excellent organisation and for bringing I believe 17 Interceptors, a 541 and Helens beautiful Healey together.
Well done! :D

Simon, Alison, Jessica and Abbie.
Last edited by interjen on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
2340/1842 Int Conv
1640/30077 GT
115/3215 Int MK1
Bentley 111
Mk1/Mk2 Jag
DB7 Vantage Volante
1926 Clyno Royal Saloon
1922 Aveling and Porter Steam Roller (Sally)
GPZ900R
Helen

Post by Helen »

A great Newby Hall this year - sunburn as opposed to drowning! I hope you have recovered Mark - we did miss you. Many thanks to you and Brendan for organising the club stand. I was rather disappointed to find myself the only Healey yet again. Where are you all this year?
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II

Return to “Yorkshire Area”