Dogs 2

This post is currently vacant - If you are interested in filing the post or organising an event, please send an e-mail to areas@joc.org.uk.
Darren

Dogs 2

Post by Darren »

The tables are booked in anticipation of last years success. Christmas carvery, bar, dogs, friends and Jensens, what else could you possibly need.
Sunday 1st December 12.00 until late afternoon, the new Trap 6 restaurant at Kinsley Greyhound stadium, and if you stay for the racing, which is great fun you will be treated to afternoon tea and cakes :D
If you havn't joined the Jensen fun before, this is the time to start and this is an event for the whole family, everybody is welcome. Unfortunately its on a first come first served basis as I have only been able to secure a limited number of seats, so please let me know as soon as possible, the cost is £15 per person and includes a 2 course carvery, afternoon tea, sandwiches and cakes, and an afternoon of racing (that also appeals to kiddies and Granny's).

Pm or email areas@joc.org.uk or phone 07973961640

Darren
Darren Barnes
JOC Membership Secretary
Early Int. INT203449
541 541/905633
colin7673
now normal...

Re: Dogs 2

Post by colin7673 »

Darren, I have just spoken to the management and the answer was 'Hopefully'

but this time we would like to win.....:)
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
brendan

Post by brendan »

It go's with out saying Darren put me an her down. :lol:
8926 136/8195 BJM 639
CHRIS CAWTHRON

Post by CHRIS CAWTHRON »

Two for me as we'll please Darren
I STARTED OUT WITH NOTHING...........AND I'VE STILL GOT MOST OF IT LEFT!!

JOC Member 9251

INTERCEPTOR III 133/5641
INTERCEPTOR II 123/4065 WWT319J (for sale) now sold.
INTERCEPTOR III 128/4874
INTERCEPTOR II 123/3696 ( RESTORATION PROJECT )
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

I'm looking forward to this event tomorrow. The last time I went dog racing was about 20 years ago in Birmingham with my ex-wife and kids. One of the lads from work had told me that if they kids want to bet on every race it can work out quite costly. He advised me that at the venue you could buy a form guide prepared by a mutt expert. I was aware that a tipster in the local evening paper also wrote a form guide. As a result a got a copy of the local paper and I also bought the form guide sold at the track. I looked for occasions when they both went for the same dog and bet a fiver on those to offset the inevitable losses. Needless to say we didn't have a single winner all night and I was about £100 out of pocket. I'm hoping for a better result tomorrow.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

My late Dad did something similar. On a works outing to the Dogs, he studied the form guide carefully and picked only those dogs which had shown a steady increase in form, but had yet to win. He made small but steady profits throughout the evening, attracting much admiration from the ladies. It was only at the end when he was explaining the system that he realised he had misread the guide and had been betting only on dogs that were getting steadily worse!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Hi Darren.

Another great day out at the 'Dogs'.

Thanks for organizing this again for this year. Good company, LOADS OF FOOD. A most enjoyable afternoon for sure.

Book us in for next year.. :)
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

Yes Darren, thanks for organising the day. The food was great and I avoided losing too much on the mutts.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
brendan

Post by brendan »

Hi all
Another great day.
Loads of food don't know how they do it for the money.
I was out of pocket but I was betting for three me and both girls.
Thanks to Darren for organising it.
And all that attended.
8926 136/8195 BJM 639

Return to “Yorkshire Area”