Wentworth Woodhouse

This post is currently vacant - If you are interested in filing the post or organising an event, please send an e-mail to areas@joc.org.uk.
Darren

Wentworth Woodhouse

Post by Darren »

This is a new event this year and apart from a few small teething problems it turned out to be a very well attended show, in the grounds of the magnificant Wentworth Woodhouse back drop. The former owner Earl Fitzwilliam being the financer of the very rare Sheffield Simplex photo below.
An excellent Jensen presence in five Interceptors, a 541, an FF and a Healey

Darren Barnes
JOC Membership Secretary
Early Int. INT203449
541 541/905633
Barrie
Tupperware Extraordinaire!

Re: Wentworth Woodhouse

Post by Barrie »

My goodness Darren, I was sad to have missed that.
I must pay more attention to the events section.
Not only do I have an interest in Jensens but the house too as my Dad was brought up there as the son of the gamekeepers housekeeper.
Were you allowed inside the house?
“Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." Garrison Keillor
Darren

Post by Darren »

Hi Barry, that's a shame but it is to be an annual event now so get it in your diary for next year. There was a very limited number allowed to tour the house yesterday (which apparently is the first time its ever been open to the public) I think from the interest shown yesterday it will most certainly be on the cards again.
Darren Barnes
JOC Membership Secretary
Early Int. INT203449
541 541/905633
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Ive got to say it was worth the journey up, this was our second car show this year so gave the car a good run, crusing at 3000 rpm and ran like a dream, even in road works on the way back on the A17, I knew I should of gone further down the A1, had no problems at all.

Looking forward to Leeds next week and then the Yorkshire weekend in Whitby, which is the closing of the events calander for us, lets hope that next year is a better one...
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk

Return to “Yorkshire Area”