The 2000 C-V8 Coupe

Cars of the Month for 2007
Keith

The 2000 C-V8 Coupe

Post by Keith »

After a very successful Earls Court Motor Show in late 1999, the decision was taken to show a closed, Coupe version of the S-V8 at the following British International Motor Show at the NEC in 2000.

The pic above is one of the original concept renderings. The original 1998 'show car' was used again as the basis for the Coupe. Stripped back to the bare glassfibre panels, it was put back into the design studio and the new Coupe styling was completed in the age-old manner of clay modelling.

The clay model was completed in two halves, the right hand side being a direct reflection of the S-V8 styling, the left hand side being a much more aggressive design with wider rear wheelarch and a larger. more obvious, integral rear spoiler. The aggressive design would have become the 'Predator' model, which I had put to the Jensen management as a detailed specification and concept in mid-1998. The name was subsequently registered to Jensen Motors.

It was decided to go with the 'right hand side' for the coming motor show and below you see the finished result. It gained a very favourable reception, and many commented that we should have put the Coupe version into production first, before the open model. In hindsight, that could have been a good idea, as probably over xxx£500K was spent in the design of the soft-top and the associated tonneau-cover and fuel tank packaging.

Han Kamp

Post by Han Kamp »

Keith, would you mind if I borrow these pictures for a write up in our clubmagazine? BTW I have a large poster of the original rendering on my wall. Drawn by "Marcus" and printed by QDesign.

Thanks, Han
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

When I saw this car at the International in June my first reaction was why the hell did the new Jensen company start with the convertable?They could sell these beauties all day long at around the xxx£40/45000 mark.Its a stunning looking car by any standards.Why however did they not copy the
original concept design with the wheels and the lovely scoop taken out along the length of the body.What a fabulous car that is.Surely someone will pick this car up before long and make it a production reality?

Leeds Bloke 8)
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep

Return to “2007 Archive”