Steve Hodder's Interceptor Mk I

Cars of the Month for 2006
Keith

Steve Hodder's Interceptor Mk I

Post by Keith »

Here is our first Car of the Month:

Steve's lovely Interceptor Mk I. I've always been a big Mk I fan and this one shows why -- don't you just want to jump in and blast off down the road?

Steve says: "Its quite a late Mk1, Chassis Number: 115/3463. It was in pretty good condition when I purchased it 2 years ago.

I've just embarked on the 2nd rebuild (I must be a glutton for punishment ) sills and respray were done first time round, its got Coopercraft brakes + calipers all round, Image 17" split rims (From various comments at shows - I acknowledge they're an acquired taste - but I love them) its just in for a bit more bodywork (an incident with an electric garage door ) Interior has just been "re-connalised" + the addition of some elusive cotton reel headrests... Have also just had the chrome re-plated by Tregunna in London (pick it up this afternoon - they do great work so looking forward to the results!)

I think I've gone about as far as I can with the Bodywork / Interior / Suspension / Wheels etc. Next on the list is possibly an uprated Engine.

Should be all back together over Christmas. Ready for prolonged use in the new year!! "
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Nice looking motor indeed. What is the red car, the tail of which is just visible behind the Range Rover there?
Steve H

Post by Steve H »

Hi Richie,

Its a Mk2 Ford Zodiac with a mild Rover V8 :D - a project I had for 5 years; it was great fun, sold in March. Few pics on my website.

Cheers,
Steve H.
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

COOL - saw a Ford Zephyr with a TVR V8 at the rolling road event i attended earlier this year - looked great fun - the car looked totally standard - didn't sound it though and it certainly didn't go like standard either!
thmsshaun

Post by thmsshaun »

Gorgeous car. That colour really suits it. Love those wheels 8)
Kieron
Co-Administrator

Post by Kieron »

Steve,

Super car, and cool wheels too...
I underdstand that you too have fitted Coopercrafts on the front ( helps somewhat doesnt it! and dead easy to fit! ) but have also fitted them to the back?
Were they easy to fit to the rear?
What Modifications did you have to make?

regards
Kieron
Steve H

Post by Steve H »

Hi Kieron,

The complete brake system was supplied and fitted by Coopercraft when it was owned by the previous owner in 2003, so I don't know how easy or difficult any of it was!

However going by the eye-watering invoice on file, I'm sure it was an involved job!! :shock:

Cheers,
Steve H.

Return to “2006 Archive”