Steve Payne's Interceptor III with fuel injection and 4 spd

Cars of the Month for 2006
zacmarshall

Steve Payne's Interceptor III with fuel injection and 4 spd

Post by zacmarshall »

Steve Payne wanted an Interceptor more suitable as a daily driver - improvements have included fuel injection and a 4 speed auto box.

photos courtesy of the Jensen Monday Club - see www.jensenmondayclub.co.uk

Re: Steve Payne's Interceptor III with fuel injection and 4

Post by Guest »

zacmarshall wrote:Steve Payne wanted an Interceptor more suitable as a daily driver - improvements have included fuel injection and a 4 speed auto box.
As Zac says I wanted a car suitable as a daily driver and I think this is as close to it as I can get.

I rebuilt the engine with increased conpression and a few other mods 4 years ago. I then fitted fuel injection and mapped ignition to inprove the economy and drivabilaty. My latest upgrade is to fit a 518 4 speed automatic gearbox with a lockup torque convertor. The car will now do 20mpg on a run but the biggest inprovement is the refinement at motorway cruising speeds due to the reduced engine rpm. I have upgraded the cooling system to cope with any thing I can through at it.

On a recent trip to Scotland we did nearly 1200 miles in 3 days and I use the car at every occasion possible including track days. If anybody wants more information please look at our website www.jensenmondayclub.co.uk.

I look forward to seing you at the Open Day/Forum at Burton on Trent.

Steve

Return to “2006 Archive”