Alex Carlyle's Jensen-Healey

Alex and Jo Carlyle's Jensen Healey - 31 years between concours wins
zacmarshall

Alex Carlyle's Jensen-Healey

Post by zacmarshall »

There was a very nice original looking Jensen-Healey II entered in the concours at this year's International Weekend, that looked like it was straight out of the factory. Speaking to the owners, Alex and Jo Carlyle there was in interesting story behind it.

They bought the 1974 mark 2 back in 1987, and had attended JOC events at the time, entering concours with it. The first time they got a 2nd place, the second time, 1990, a 1st.
Alex and Jo then moved to France for a few years in the 90s but did drive back for the occasional International Weekend with their baby in a child-seat behind the seats and a luggage rack on the boot.

On the Sunday they had the pleasure of meeting the car's previous (second) owner, Ton Sol who was attending in his Interceptor III. Ton has telling them about his happy memories of driving the car to Lake Como and back.

Come 2021 the car is entered in concours winning first prize again!

Jo and Alex holding the aware for Best Healey at this year's Concours

Alex and Jo with the car back in 1989, from issue 87 (August 89)

Parked up at the pub on the run out on the Saturday. I like to see concours cars actually being driven on the run....

The car has never had a complete rebuild, but had some recent metalwork and it a 3/4 respray, with the work done by Automotive Solutions over 9 months.

At the Atwell Wilson museum

The car has the original bottom end. Car is now a 2.2 with a Sunbeam Rapier overdrive fitted.

C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Martin R

Re: Alex Carlyle's Jensen-Healey

Post by Martin R »

Very lovely and very well done!
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
zacmarshall

Re: Alex Carlyle's Jensen-Healey

Post by zacmarshall »

After finding the photo that Alex told me about I was just disappointed he and Jo weren't in their 80s clobber :-)
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061

Return to “September 2021”