Virtual concours for non JOC members

During Lockdown 2020, the club has decided to launch a virtual concours open to non-JOC members
zacmarshall

Virtual concours for non JOC members

Post by zacmarshall »

David Pearce (concours), Raj Mangroo (IT) and myself though it would be good to open a virtual concours for non-members of the JOC.

The normal club concours is only open to JOC members however the members' choice and Chairman's choice awards can be given to any car present on the day.

We will also have a prize based on a poll of forum members where they can choose their winner, this can be from the non-members cars submitted and also the JOC members where the member has agreed to their car being shown on the forum.

The prize will be a years membership of the club (wherever in the world they are). If the winner is already a club member then a voucher for the club shop to the value of club membership renewal in the UK will be awarded (£38).

If you would like to submit your car for the non-members concours then please see the rules / instructions below.

Entries must be of a Jensen built vehicle you currently own.
All photos submitted must have been taken in the last 12 months.
No editing of photos other than cropping and straightening.
Your photos will be visible to the general public and may be used in the club magazine / website.

Closing date for entries will be 23:59 UK time Saturday 13th June, with the non-member poll opening late on Sunday 14th June (when I finish uploading the latest photos). Winners will announced on the 21st June 2020 along side the JOC concours.
Please note if you want your car to be included in the JOC members choice then please submit by 23:59 on the 7th of June.

See photos below for what we want. Sample photos are provided by David Pearce (concours) and are of his concours winning car. Happy to accept photos original size, I will take care of resizing if needed and host them.

Please send your photos to carshow@joc.org.uk If you have trouble emailing it may be easier to send me the photos using wetransfer.com https://wetransfer.com/, addressing it to carshow@joc.org.uk, can you either email me your name and details of the car or you can add a text / word document with details to the wetransfer.com transfer.
Please note this is a free service, you don't have to sign up for an account or pay for the better service. 2GB should be sufficient for the photos needed.

Some people aren't confident uploading images so this seems the easiest way. Please note this is a lot of work for me so please follow the above to make life easier for me :D

1. Off side

2. Near side

3. Front

4. Rear

5. Interior

The above are the minimum entry requirement, if you wish you may also provide the following photos

6. Engine bay

7. Boot and tools

8. Second shot of engine bay

9. Second shot of Interior

Please note that photos will be displayed in alpha-numeric name order so if you want photos displayed in a certain way please name them accordingly.

Zac Marshall
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Anton001

Re: Virtual concours for non JOC members

Post by Anton001 »

Hi Zac,

Great iniative. Maybe an idea that the JOC “posts” this also on Facebook?
Then it will spread very fast.

Is the final delivery date for the member virtual concourse now also changed into the 14th??

Anton
Jensen Healey Mk1 1123 / 11016
Jensen C-V8 MK3 112 / 2419
Jensen 541S / S1079

www.jensenholland.nl
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Raj was going to post details on the club facebook page, hopefully should be up soon.

I wonder if we should have pushed the forum version as an on-line car show rather than concours though..

I will be putting the JOC concours cars on the forum so members can see them (also getting permission from the owners so forum members can see them), there are some fantastic cars entered.

Non JOC member concours closing date is the close of play 13th as it is judged by the forum members rather than concours judges, closing date for JOC concours is still 7th June.
I thought the non JOC member one should be open for as long as possible as it started later.
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

zacmarshall wrote: I wonder if we should have pushed the forum version as an on-line car show rather than concours....
^^
||

This

Anyway, good luck to all participants.

Sounds like you will have a lot of judging to do.

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

All but one of the entries received were for the JOC concours (which were forwarded to David Pearce).

The deadline was midnight tonight. As in theory the one entry would win by default I have spoken to others and agreed to close the competition now.

I have suggested to Karan Mangroo that he makes this a car of the month.
JOC Member No. 5061
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Very surprised that there was only one entry received - quite the shocker to me!

This board gets lots of traffic, it doesn’t seem like It would be a lack of knowledge about the event.

Or maybe everyone concluded it was best to join the club?

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Dino Fritz

Post by Dino Fritz »

Hi everyone,

I actually really wanted to enter (a year's free subscription was a worthy prize for a little effort), but the photos that I took back in January 2020 for the car's wedding duties didn't include a rear shot of the car, plus I've had to strip 2/3 rds of the interior during COVID-19 to fix niggling issues (but that's another post).

Sorry guys, but next time (if it ever happens).
Attachments
Jan20 Front RHS View Reduced.jpg
Jan20 Front RHS View Reduced.jpg (159.42 KiB) Viewed 6417 times
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
Toby

Post by Toby »

I spoke with Dave Pearce and apologised for not entering this worthwhile initiative. Regrettably my car is minus a drivers door at this time as i am having some minor paint damage repaired at a local bodyshop, i was hoping to get it back before the deadline but we all know bodyshop's work at their own pace which is dead slow and stop. Best of luck to all entrants.
1973 Interceptor III
1997 Daimler X308 Super Eight
1937 Ford Model 10 CX

Return to “2020 Virtual concours for non JOC members”