Newly restored GT

Jonathan Bradshaw's GT
zacmarshall

Newly restored GT

Post by zacmarshall »

This is Jonathan Bradshaw's GT, NDM 930P.

Jonathan bought the car on ebay in June 2016, although it looked OK Jonathan expected that it would riddled with rot - and so it was.

As bought - looks good :-)

Work started late October ’16, the car was then sent to the body shop for complete rust removal.
Jonathan started reassembly April ’17 with all new trim from Rejen which looks fantastic. Struggled with paint colours and ended up with a colour as near to Saba blue as I can imagine, which was its original colour.

Engine mostly stripped and put back together as in good order rebuilt carbs and drilled out the idle jets to stop the ridiculous spluttering. Car was back on the road for Goodwood revival and have covered about 3000 miles trouble free and enjoying every minute.

Still a few bits of trim detailing to finish ..particularly the waist rails that are proving a nightmare!

Looking forward to getting out and meeting more GT’s on the road as it is a lonely business when there aren’t many.

C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
cannonball

Re: Newly restored GT

Post by cannonball »

Outstanding,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
NigelK

Post by NigelK »

That is very nice indeed. Well done Jonathan! Hope to see the car in the flesh soon. Happy to compare notes on the waist rails - one of the first jobs I did on my GT was to change the weatherstrips affixed to the rails front and rear. And it was a total pig of a job...
Nigel Kieser
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Interceptor 115/3484
Lotus Mike

Post by Lotus Mike »

Well done .A very rare car .As you said cant be many left Have fun .Mike
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Well done, you must be chuffed to bits, a really nice resto and so much nicer in blue. I've always liked the idea of sporting estates, Scimitar, Volvo P1800ES etc and the best, although aftermarket was, the Lynx Eventer XJS.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
newfiegt

Post by newfiegt »

Very well done Jonathan :D
Great to see another GT back on the road, hope to see it in the flesh one day.
My last GT must have been a relative as it was NDM 924P.
Not sure what the on road figures for GT's are but must surely be on the rise.

Return to “February 2018”