Thirlestane Castle Classic Rally

The club's Scottish area is run by Kevin Bax and can be reached on scotland@joc.org.uk
RichardGibson
JOC Scotland Rep

Thirlestane Castle Classic Rally

Post by RichardGibson »

Hi Fellow Members (both sides of the border).

HAPPY NEW YEAR! everyone

I thought I had already posted this but it seems to have vanished into the ether.

I am trying to organise a JOC presence at the Thirlestane Castle Classic Car Rally to be held on the 7th June 2020 at Lauder which is about 35 miles south of Edinburgh along the A68.
This is probably the second largest classic rally in Scotland after the Glamis Castle meet with an expected attendance of around 1200 cars.. The Rally is conveniently placed in the Scottish/English border area so within easy reach of the JOC northern areas.
As with all car rallies the organisers need an idea of attendance in advance, so please contact me prior to the end of February if you are interested.

Regards
Richard
JOC Scottish Rep
george1611

Re: Thirlestane Castle Classic Rally

Post by george1611 »

Hi Richard
This sounds like a good meet,I’m one of those south of the border (Middlesbrough) originally from Newcastle,,,I run a ever evolving JH 1973,do you have many active members up there ? Any JH owners
Geordie
SRS2000

Post by SRS2000 »

Hi Richard Sadly I don't think my car will back together by then, looks like a great place to visit, It will go on my list for next time.
Last edited by SRS2000 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interceptor MK1 115/2937 (1968) YBP 5G (Genghis)
RichardGibson
JOC Scotland Rep

Post by RichardGibson »

Hi All
I have put a post in the "events" section.
Basically due to a lack of response I have decided to register as an individual attendee rather than a club as I had hoped.
I will be glad to see any other members who can make it.
Regards
Richard
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi richard

put post in events,but just to clarify,i have entered for this event as an individual as i am no longer a club member,but hopefully we may bump into each other

regards
RichardGibson
JOC Scotland Rep

Post by RichardGibson »

Hi All

As noted in "Events" I have just been informed that the Thirlestane Castle Classic Rally has been cancelled for this year due to the flu.

Regards
Richard

Return to “Scotland”