Pre Christmas Meet.

The club's Scottish area is run by Kevin Bax and can be reached on scotland@joc.org.uk
KevinB

Pre Christmas Meet.

Post by KevinB »

It must be getting to that time of year again when we think about putting cars into hibernation again. Mind you, I haven't had my Healey out of the garage since April!

I was thinking of organising a lunch and a meet up in a few months so just proposing something below.

Can you let me know who is interested before I book anything to see how we are with numbers please. Obviously open to all as long as it's pre booked. All welcome.

I'm proposing a get together on Sunday 2nd December 2018 at lunchtime. Venue: Lindores Abbey Distillery in Newburgh, Fife.

https://lindoresabbeydistillery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I realise this is some distance for some members but I needed to pick somewhere central so it is around a 1.5-2 hour drive for us as well. next year we could pick somewhere either further south of further north. Last January's post Christmas meet up at Blackfoot was down on numbers owing to the falling snow.

The distillery is really interesting, newly reopened, as you can see from the website. I was speaking to one of the family regarding the proposed booking and I was told a story of how her Mother ran out of brakes in their Interceptor many years ago and planted it on a roundabout. Much to her Fathers dismay.

So, the details. At the moment I was thinking of a buffet with 2 hot dishes, 4 side dishes and 2 pudding for a cost of £25 per head which includes a discount.

We would have an exclusive area to ourselves but which area would depend on the numbers but probably the Legacy Bar.

We have also been offered an informal tour of the distillery in with the cost of the food whereas a normal tour would be £12.50 per person.

Let me know what you think please. I have provisionally booked the 2nd December but as we know at that time of year venues can get booked up fairly quickly.
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.
R Prenter

Re: Pre Christmas Meet.

Post by R Prenter »

Sounds a good idea.
Hopefully weather will allow an outing for a machine or two.
Will put in the diary.
Thanks
Richard
James Wilson

Post by James Wilson »

Are you asking for us to make reservations?

Or just show up on the day?
James Wilson
Jensen-Healey 1140/10772
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

James Wilson wrote:Are you asking for us to make reservations?

Or just show up on the day?
I'd like to have an idea of a final number a few days before please.

There are not many of us that are going. There will be about 5 or 6 of us at the moment plus wives/partners. In view of that I've had to change the menu slightly. The venue isn't willing to put on a large spread for just a few of us so they are suggesting charcuterie and cheese platters for £10.00 a head. They say it's quite substantial. We can also have the Legacy Bar which is lovely surroundings with some nice views. I'm told that we can even have a tour around as well which seems good value as a tour is £12.00.

Are those that have already expressed an interest in coming still okay to come? Any more takers?
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

Shall we say midday to meet up then.

As there does not seem to be many of us going I haven't booked and meals, I've agreed that we'll just order what we want when we get there.

Hopefully see you on Sunday.
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

20181202_134648_resized.jpg
20181202_134648_resized.jpg (183.88 KiB) Viewed 4281 times
Just a few images from yesterday.

We had a lovely afternoon and the folk at Lindores Abbey Distillery looked after us very well. http://www.lindoresabbeydistillery.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Richard Prenter brought along his C-V8 so thanks Richard for that. The rest of us came along in everyday cars.
Attachments
20181202_135837_resized.jpg
20181202_135837_resized.jpg (206.53 KiB) Viewed 4281 times
20181202_132421_resized.jpg
20181202_132421_resized.jpg (121.04 KiB) Viewed 4281 times
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.

Return to “Scotland”