Mick Barnett's early Interceptors

A pair of Interceptors, but probably not as you know them
zacmarshall

Mick Barnett's early Interceptors

Post by zacmarshall »

This pair of Early Interceptors will be on the JOC stand at this years London Classic Car Show 23rd to 26th February.

Some people may remember them from museum the club visited on last years International Weekend.

Both are owned by long term member Mick Barnett. Mick bought the blue 1954 saloon back in 1978 and took 10 years restoring it.

The convertible is a relative newcomer, Mick was told about an early Interceptor restoration project in California, he spoke to the owner and was actually given the car. Mick and friend Alistair Watson then shipped the car back to the UK and started on a mammoth 12 year restoration. The convertible is also a 1954 model.

California cars have a reputation of being rust free, unfortunately this car was most certainly an exception. Major repairs and fabrication were required to the chassis, bulkhead, floors and the rest of the body.

Mick eventually bought out Alistair and is now the sole owner of the car.

C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
shaun

Re: Mick Barnett's early Interceptors

Post by shaun »

Like a lot. My mouse mat is an early Interceptor advert from The Motor October 14th 1953.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

I've see both of these cars a few times now, the quality of workmanship and attention to detail on them is amazing and has to be seen to be believed. Car of the Month and having them in the London Classic Car show is very well deserved and justified!
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

Wonderful cars! Like the Coupé more than the convertible but in my eyes the absolute number one of all Jensen models ( some may disagree :D )
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Lovely cars! I also think the roof of the Coupé is very sexy.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch

Return to “February 2017”