Water pump

Mopar Big Block Talk
johnw

Re: Water pump

Post by johnw »

Michelin wrote:Hi,
Do you know where we can find such a water pump ?
Laurent
Another pump exactly like that one is unlikely to perform any better. That is an interesting one from a historical point.

It is not that difficult to rebuild pumps yourself, and can be cost effective. I would not bother looking for another like that if the car overheats. My Vignale FF had a straight bladed Chrysler pump, something like Chris describes, which I still have somewhere. I swapped it when it started leaking, for one from Cropredy back in 1995, with a different number of vanes on. The number of vanes didn't make a noticeable difference. Never really had overheating problems while running. It would sometimes boil a bit after switching off when parked.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Per

Re: Water pump

Post by Per »

My Int overheated badly. I gave it a new high flow pump, recored radiator to copper, checked timing etc.. No discernible change. I then removed the core plugs in the block and dug out the solidified silt. Cleaners in the coolant wil not even dent this rock hard silt. Runs at "N" ever since. (Although sitting waiting for final prep and repaint for too many years now.)
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)

Return to “V-8 Engine Tech”