V8 Engine builds by Dave Gilliver

Mopar Big Block Talk
Grant

V8 Engine builds by Dave Gilliver

Post by Grant »

Dave is a very good friend of mine, he will build you a wicked replacement engine, he has built so many Chrysler V8's in his life, he only builds V8's and has specialized in Chrysler's for years.. he knows his stuff and produces engines with brilliant figures, he also is so reasonable on the money front too, >>
https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28235 and the testing here >> https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 1&p=218515 he is the man in my opinion .. give him a call >> 07866060498 tell him Grant told you to call, he is doing one for me as we speak Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
digidiverdave

Re: V8 Engine builds by Dave Gilliver

Post by digidiverdave »

Thanks for your posting Grant - I will give him a call and have a chat.

What sort of ball park figure for a rebuild? - car is running but a good overhaul is the way to go I think

Regards

David
Grant

Post by Grant »

digidiverdave wrote:Thanks for your posting Grant - I will give him a call and have a chat.
What sort of ball park figure for a rebuild? - car is running but a good overhaul is the way to go I think
Regards David
Hi Dave :wink:
Congrats on your new purchase.. lovely car thereImage
I can't tell you that Dave.. ring and talk to Dave.. good luck trying to get off the phone and don't mention Brexit!!Image.. You won't get a better service anywhere else, and you will be talking to the person that does the work too which is greatImage, you also won't get better value for you money elsewhere as he knows his stuff inside out and upside down.. you'll end up with wicked performance with perfect tolerance specs..give him a call Dave.. it's the best place to go and I'll stand right by my wordImage.. I've spend many hours up there with him Dave, sneakily lookingImage and I wouldn't go anywhere elseImage. He does all the machine work personally including the boring, honing, Skimming/facing and building.. extremely clever.. lets give him one of these >>Image
He is an engine on a crate man though.. you'll have to pull it yourself or get someone else to and get it there to him.. then you're away :P
All the best to you DaveImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
digidiverdave

Post by digidiverdave »

Many thanks Grant - will give him a call

Best regards,

David
Rob.Dilley

Post by Rob.Dilley »

Wotcher David,

Just to endorse everything that Grant has said, Dave rebuilt my broken 440 to look like a work of art, and it was almost a shame to hide it away back in the engine bay.
The inside of the engine is even more beautiful than the outside, especially the new billet roller rocker valve gear.

By his own admission, Dave "can talk for England", and is a walking encyclopedia of all matters concerning American V8 engines, not just Chrysler.
He focuses on the engine only and not the rest of the car, so as Grant says you need to plan for that and get the engine out and to him, which for me provided the perfect opportunity to tend to a host of items in the engine bay best done or only possible when the engine is out.

Dave is very true to himself and brutally honest in telling it how it is. He told me things that I did not want to hear, but he was right. Case in point is the torque curve which does not drop below 450 ft-lbs across the measured rev range on the dyno, when I had delusions of stupidly high bhp.
As it happened he also eked out 406 bhp, but it is the torque that matters in these cars, assuming you intend to drive it on the road, and not race tracks.

I strongly recommend that you do what I did and take half a day out to visit Dave in his man cave, where you will see a wide range of engines passing through the various stages of strip down, machining and rebuild.

Best regards

Rob
Attachments
rockers.jpg
rockers.jpg (207.92 KiB) Viewed 5938 times
rebuilt 440.jpg
rebuilt 440.jpg (212.95 KiB) Viewed 5938 times
Interceptor III 136-8755 since 1985 JOC 3727

Return to “V-8 Engine Tech”