Mopar Big Block Talk
elemgee

Re: Replacement of Power Steering Pump

Post by elemgee »

That would be great, thanks!!
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

Does not seem to be anything out there. The speed equipment suppliers like Jegs list it but with a $500 core charge and $245 for the rebuild. Where is it leaking from? You can get the rebuild kit for under $10. I am sure you could find a local garage to do it for you. Perhaps a transmission shop. :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
elemgee

Post by elemgee »

Thanks so much for looking, I really appreciate it. I found a place that will rebuild mine. I send it to them and they give me an estimate; hopefully a reasonable amount If that doesnt work than I'll get a rebuild kit and do it myself.

Thanks again.

Larry
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

It can only be leaking in two places--the front shaft seal or the can o ring unless it is the line connections. I the pump is working fine make sure the rebuilder knows it is just leaking. :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

How about Rock Auto? They usually have a variety of suppliers depending on how much you wish to pay.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Grant

Post by Grant »

Appleyards over here normally have rebuilt ones in stock, they are done in the USA and then sent to Andy here, I am sure he will send one back to you from here, the long travelled P/S pump :lol: .. Give him a call Elemgee :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
elemgee

Post by elemgee »

The closest thing Rock Auto had was a rebuilt pump that I would have bought, but it came with a $500 core charge. I didn't want to take the chance on them losing my return of the core. So I just sent mine out to a place that rebuilds them. I also sent Appleyards an email asking them if they carry the pump, in the event the rebuilder doesnt pan out.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Hangtowner

Post by Hangtowner »

You asked about a Saginaw pump which I fitted last year. I like it but eventually just got a bracket, Saginaw pump, and pulley from 440Source. Trying to figure out which Saginaw pump myself saw me wasting money by trial and error. I think the the design of the Saginaw is less likely to leak at the reservoir joint.
Frank Schwartz

Post by Frank Schwartz »

I took my old power steering pump to the local NAPA store and they secured a rebuilt pump and attached my original pulley to it...works fine.

Frank
1973 MKIII Interceptor
140/5975

Return to “V-8 Engine Tech”