giving my SP more oomph by the bikies

Mopar Big Block Talk
kenny38

giving my SP more oomph by the bikies

Post by kenny38 »

I was reccommended to a mechanic who is also a plane mechanic. Appears he used to build rally cars etc in another day. Anyway he looked at me rather hard inspected the car and said "very nice" and" I will take her for a ride down the runway. No I don't want you to come along" He took his little helper who had a very nice and rare Vincent bike there. I stood and waited. After around an hour while various motor bikies came in with tats and "colours" (they ignored me) they came back and annouced there was no kick down. The manifolds were slightly leaking under the carb. He said the 770 Street Avenger was adequate but the manifold was leaking at the gasket." Or some thing like that and "a lot of ovver fings." If yous leave her with me and don't ring until I do yous I will give you plenty of grunt. It will cost a bit....mostly in labour.... but you will pay" I agreed. Got the SP back this week and BOY! does she go! He said that while just OK she had not been properly tuned before. His little mate took a stop watch and they recorded 5.7 0-60 miles and 14's on quarter mile run. "but you won't get that" I think we were on AV gas! She can now spin the tyres on fast start and does go like a rocket. I didn't get a bill and I had to give some of the cash to his little mate and another silent guy. I don't know what he did as the only thing I could see was the Edelbrock manifold which was new. He tapped the dizzie and said there was some of your problem with a poor carbie set up. "Yer have a %$#&ing kick down now" All new leads and top of range plugs were fitted. He declined to tell me what else he did. Cash only 2K Aus. "nearly all labour". I felt a little relieved to be leaving. I declined tea. Kenny :shock:
slotcarone

Re: giving my SP more oomph by the bikies

Post by slotcarone »

Sounds a little "shady" but I guess he knew what he was doing!! :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Definitely AV gas. When it all went I refilled on 98 octane and there was a very slight lessing in power. But she will "do"for me at this rate. Slotcarone, can i give you a nice ginger cat. Free postage. Kenny38 :roll:
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

kenny38 wrote:Got the SP back this week and BOY! does she go! He said that while just OK she had not been properly tuned before. His little mate took a stop watch and they recorded 5.7 0-60 miles and 14's on quarter mile run. "but you won't get that" I think we were on AV gas! She can now spin the tyres on fast start and does go like a rocket.
Excellent! What more does one need?
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Grant

Post by Grant »

Good News Kenny, I bet now it will do 1/2 hour in 20minutes!!! :P
Great Ole Things.. Love em to bits :P .... ENJOY before you peg it Kenny :lol: ... We have a Giraffe here that will fit in your car as long as you have a sunroof :D
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Thank you , Grant. Yes these cars grow on one. Because i met the owner of the previous guy's garage building and apparently he owns the airport premises too I got a top deal. He arrived while i was standing talking to Marty the mechanic who was going to do the work. Large man with gold chains and a very real gold Rolex dangling off his wrist. Covered in tatts and wearing Gucci loafers. AH1951 he was driving "a mates" Bently Twin Turbo just like yours in the your recent post on Cropredy. He lives in an enormous white house and over coffee told me that everyone thought he made his money in "distribution, know what I mean? but it was all in property dealing" and he knew the "right" people. Well he certainly knew the local police sergeant who came up to say "hello". Didn't look at me. He told Marty to not do work as he would refer me to his good mates at the airport park. "Ring before going so they can put the dogs away" He said his name was Brown and i said "yeah...course it is" he said whats your name and I said "Brown" and he just looked and said "what did you do before retiring"? and i said "had a flower business
in Melbourne" "Course you did" said he. Well the guys out at the airport were not very welcoming, in fact it was all very WTF! But a great job!! Grant i gave them your number as they ntold me they had plenty of mates there needing qaulity tune ups.And perhaps storage space for "well .......fings". :roll:
Regards kenny38 :roll:

Return to “V-8 Engine Tech”