440 Source - to buy or not to buy

Mopar Big Block Talk
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
CMG-Cellar Dweller

Post by CrAzYMoPaRGuY »

Keith wrote:
Julian_S wrote:Just to let you know that you're posting replies to threads that are almost a year old - probably a pretty pointless exercise....

Julian.
Don't listen to 'advice' like this CrazyMoparGuy, your posts are welcome.

And the search facility on the forum means that someone may well be reading older posts. The search facility and the in-built archive is one of the strengths of the forum. So your comments are as relevent now as at anytime.

Keep posting!
Thanks Keith, I take it all with a smile, I like Julian's posts... I was bored, honestly!
I'm a Jensen LOVER, I'll just read and watch, and post what I can!
Julian_S

Post by Julian_S »

Keith wrote:
Julian_S wrote:Just to let you know that you're posting replies to threads that are almost a year old - probably a pretty pointless exercise....

Julian.

And the search facility on the forum means that someone may well be reading older posts. The search facility and the in-built archive is one of the strengths of the forum. So your comments are as relevent now as at anytime.

Keep posting!
What's the point in resurrecting an ancient thread unless you have something of value to add for the original poster? Would it not be better to start a new one so that a discussion can follow without fear of wandering well off topic especially if the old thread is a year old?

Julian.
Interceptor III 136.9113
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
CMG-Cellar Dweller

Post by CrAzYMoPaRGuY »

Julian_S wrote:
Keith wrote:

Julian.

Keep posting!
What's the point in resurrecting an ancient thread unless you have something of value to add for the original poster? Would it not be better to start a new one so that a discussion can follow without fear of wandering well off topic especially if the old thread is a year old?

Julian.
I thought I added something... my personal opinion!
I've used 440source, post with the owner and have lots of knowledge of both the company and the comments made about the company that others have commented about.......

Oh well, can't please them all!
:wink:
Keith

Post by Keith »

Don't worry about it CrazyMoparGuy and please don't be put off posting. Your posts have been very interesting.

Keep them coming!
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Julian_S

Post by Julian_S »

CrAzYMoPaRGuY wrote:[

I've used 440source, post with the owner and have lots of knowledge of both the company and the comments made about the company that others have commented about.......

You did add something but I think you've misunderstood me, I'm not being critical of you.

The point is that the original poster was rebuilding his engine almost a year ago, and it's probably back in the car and done 5000 miles by now :lol: . I wondered if you were perhaps not too familiar with these message boards and hadn't noticed the posting dates?

Julian.
Interceptor III 136.9113
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
CMG-Cellar Dweller

Post by CrAzYMoPaRGuY »

Julian_S wrote:
CrAzYMoPaRGuY wrote:[

You did add something but I think you've misunderstood me, I'm not being critical of you.

The point is that the original poster was rebuilding his engine almost a year ago, and it's probably back in the car and done 5000 miles by now :lol: . I wondered if you were perhaps not too familiar with these message boards and hadn't noticed the posting dates?

Julian.
I noticed, I'm very familiar with forums. The 440Source stuff seems to be an ongoing polar issue, I just thought I would weigh in as much as I could. I was just bored, sorry Julian!
Julian_S

Post by Julian_S »

CrAzYMoPaRGuY wrote:[I was just bored, sorry Julian!
No need to be sorry, if anyone should be sorry then it's me.

Julian.
Interceptor III 136.9113
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
CMG-Cellar Dweller

Post by CrAzYMoPaRGuY »

Julian_S wrote:
CrAzYMoPaRGuY wrote:[I was just bored, sorry Julian!
No need to be sorry, if anyone should be sorry then it's me.

Julian.
No problems!
:D
DaveAK

Post by DaveAK »

Julian_S wrote:What's the point in resurrecting an ancient thread unless you have something of value to add for the original poster? Would it not be better to start a new one so that a discussion can follow without fear of wandering well off topic especially if the old thread is a year old?

Julian.
Some of us read all of the old threads, (even ones 5 years old!), to avoid asking the same standard set of questions. It's interesting to me to find old information about 440source who were completely new to me just a few days a go.

Now if anyone's reading this, could they comment on my new thread from today! :D
72 MkIII Interceptor 133/5613 (440)
71 MkIII Interceptor 133/5546 (383)
55 Nash Metropolitan
JOC Member 9777
FFPL

Post by FFPL »

they do have excellent customer service. Unfortunately the crank I got from them didn't please my machinist so it had to be returned. They didn't have any issues refunding my money.
stuarta

Re: 440 Source - to buy or not to buy

Post by stuarta »

I have several boxes of bits from them waiting to go into my engine rebuild, including the stealth heads (and a fluid damper - anyone care to elaborate on that as I'm a newbie engine builder?), 1.6 rockers, new cam, water pump, oil pump, intake manifold, dizzy and lots of bling bits. Found their service to be excellent - even sent my items to the dealer I bought the car from to save me shipping costs. Now a little bit worried whether all of the bits are properly matched but that's my fault for not asking!

Recommended.

BTW, have also used JEGS - just as good.
1971 Mk II Interceptor 125/5420
2005 Audi A8L W12
2008 Jaguar XK convertible
JenJon

Post by JenJon »

Hi JOCkeys,

I have met and used Brandon's (440 Source) components on many occasions.
Super quality parts as you would expect.
When we purchased a 543 kit, balancing was not available.
It was extremely difficult to get the balancing done as the crank was tuftrided all over.
Coupled with a balance weight more comparable with a HEMI rod and piston it was tricky!
The 543 has run down the track at the 'POD' UK for many years with great results.
Consistent low TENS in a 1-3/4 ton Mopar...

Planning on a 513 this year with a balanced kit and the joy of INTERNAL oiling system as well.
That will go into a TWO ton Mopar C-body called TESS!!!

Stroking is proved to lower anxiety, especially cats lol...
Jon
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

It's ironic that this very thread sparked a discussion about reviving old threads - in 2008! As Keith said then,
the search facility on the forum means that someone may well be reading older posts.
so it's nice to know that new members are catching up on our old posts!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex

Return to “V-8 Engine Tech”