UnderHeating?

Mopar Big Block Talk
Joe Schiavone

Re: UnderHeating?

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Rocky. I believe your lower water pump neck comes out on the opposite side of the front of the motor. I have a metal tube factory that moves the water across to another hose going to the water pump outlet on the rt side of the motor. RacerJoec
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Thanks, Joe -

I’ll check my Service Manuals, and look closely at my configuration when I return from my vacation.

Appreciate the insight.

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

Hi Rocky
My car which is very close to yours has the lower rad hose with no metal pipe but the engine and the rad connections are both on the left side of the car. Have never had any problem but yes the PS belt is quite close to the hose. Luckily there is not really any movement in the PS belt so it never hits. My car has been this way for the 30 plus years I have had it. :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
RayR

Post by RayR »

Hi Rocky, I am very similar to Slotcarone, except only 29 years!, I had to repair my radiator 2 years ago and noticed a small rub mark on the hose when I pulled it off even with about 3/8 inch static clearance so I'm suspecting there is a little closure when the engine is revved and things move around. When I re-installed it I made sure the rad end of the hose points down as much as possible to the chassis so maximising the clearance and added a loose cable tie to stop any chance of the hose ""bouncing/flexing"" up. No new marks so far.
MkIII Interceptor (140 8488)

Return to “V-8 Engine Tech”