'Pulsing' problem....

Mopar Big Block Talk
ginger_dave

'Pulsing' problem....

Post by ginger_dave »

Hi all,

The Mk 1 is back from the garage after a restoration but is still suffering from 'pulsing' when she's pushed beyond 70mph. In short, the revs approach the red line on the gauge and she rears forward and then pulls back, rears forward and pulls back. This happens back and forth every couple of seconds when the gas pedal is pressed down at this speed.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what this can be? Something to do with the fuel intake, I guess (as a layman).

Many thanks, in advance.

D
Keith

Re: 'Pulsing' problem....

Post by Keith »

Check your auto transmission fluid level.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Grant

Post by Grant »

See Keiths post above Dave but it must be done with the car running whilst warm in Neutral to get the correct level on the dip stick.. alot of people just check it with the car not running and get a False reading ,,, ... start the car , foot on brake, run it through all the gears and then back to Neuatral.. then check it :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Per

Post by Per »

ginger_dave wrote:Hi all,

The Mk 1 is back from the garage after a restoration but is still suffering from 'pulsing' when she's pushed beyond 70mph. In short, the revs approach the red line on the gauge and she rears forward and then pulls back, rears forward and pulls back. This happens back and forth every couple of seconds when the gas pedal is pressed down at this speed.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what this can be? Something to do with the fuel intake, I guess (as a layman).

Many thanks, in advance.

D
Does the engine RPMs rise and fall in synch with the speed changes?
If you floor the throttle from standstill does it accellerate smoothly all the way up to 70 mph?
Has the garage installed a speed limiter :shock: :lol:
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
ginger_dave

Post by ginger_dave »

Thanks to you both for taking the time to post.

I suspect the car isn't kicking into third gear. Off to Andy tomorrow to seek answers. Something to do with her kickback rod, perhaps.

Thanks again!

D
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Reminds me when I got my car back from having the engine rebuilt, we found that the 'engineer' had not replaced the kick down rod. REJEN sent a box of rods for my local garage to pick through to select the right one and then we sent the remainder back. :D

Return to “V-8 Engine Tech”