surviving Mk1s

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Well done Mark it was not but is now :D If you can ask the owner to send a few more photos and some info I will create an album. Page already up and waiting.

Steve
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Patrick (owner of 115/3486) has just shared with me some utube footage of the work on his car. If you wish to see it the link is below and I have added it to Patrick's Photo Album page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH-0dPHJ8uQ

Steve
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Surviving Mk2 Interceptors

Post by Chris_R »

Could we do the same for Mk2 Interceptor as well? Maybe as a separate link on the same site? See this link http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 0643#70643
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Topicman (or anyone else who would like to take it on)

I originally thought to try and record all jensens but that was going to be a full time job with probably a couple of apprentices. Hence my Mk1 only site. The start up work was quite a lot of work but once the cars are on the site the 'work' tails off it is all about keeping it up to date and chasing the owners of those cars you hear about.

I have developed the site on an iMac using iweb and it is easy. If you have a mac and wish to take on the task - which is enjoyable and gets you in touch with like minded owners - I can pass you a blank site to use. I host mine on my Apple ME account but have plans to migrate it to another area should it get much bigger.

So if you wish to do the Mk2s let me know. If you have a few photos I would make it a bespoke front-page for you. If you are windows based I will give you the basic pages which you would have to stitch into a site.

feel free to ask more

Steve

Just an after thought - or any other mk of Jensen 541- CV8 etc it would be good to have a themed website for all cars.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Chassis 2946:
Seems another one might have bitten the dust...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jensen-Intercepto ... 2a103f0ff8
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

I have recorded that one as lost! :(
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

No sure if this should be here or under for sale but at the price I don't see it selling! Paul Vierhout noticed this one

http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/212086853.htm?ca=2_s

if anyone find the chassis number please let me know.

By the way I never got a reply from the Yellow and Brown one being sold in France so if you know that one again I would be appreciative.

Steve
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Nice looking car - at half the price...

But as for "first car in the word equipped 4 disc brakes", it should take a bow in the direction of the 541, which was the first British 4 seat saloon so equipped - not quite in the world, but still a real pioneer.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Just been advised about 118/2860 believed to be the only LHD manual car (ex Paris Show Car). No photos yet but the magic 190 cars identifies by Chassis number, with another 12 chassis numbers identified as scrapped. Also another 14 identified by Reg number so it may be 200 survivors!

finally the power of the press - since the article in the JOC Mag the hits and emails have increased. Thanks I must be near the end.

:)
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Just a thank you to all those that have added to the website since the article in the JOC magazine. Since publication the 'hits' on the web have gone through the roof.

I have had the first previous owner add to one of the cars history. I have added a page with his comments and photos of the car when he owned it between 1996 and 2003. Click on the Previous History panel. The car in question is 115/3289 which I last heard of as being for sale in Oct 2010. Has anyone on the forum bought this car and, if so, could they update the page.

Thanks again keep the info and photos coming.

Steve
Dion

Mk1 in 1968 movie "Hot Millions"

Post by Dion »

Awful movie, very old fashioned, meant to be funny but ha ha did I laugh, about a computer programmer (Peter Ustinov) in a company who sets up the computer so that it is sending him money at each transaction. And then he marries the lovely young secretary. Who, at the end of the film, proves to be the most intelligent person.
Sweet computer shots, running tape units everywhere and large cupboard sized "computers" with flickering lights and screens.

Anyway, about half an hour into the movie a colleague invites the secretary to bring her home in his car. "Do you really have a car?" she asks. Next shot we see them in THE car, a very nice light brown interior unmistakably of an Interceptor Mk1. Some more interior shots (another camera seems to be on the bonnet showing them inside the car) clearly show the early round seats and the wooden steering wheel. Then we see the car driving in a London street and when it stops the registration can just be seen. A brown car with small chrome-lined wheelarches. Lovely!
Registration OEA 1F so maybe a Jensen factory demonstrator? (not sure about the first O).
Does it survive?
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
Hardy

Hot Millions Car

Post by Hardy »

OEA 1F is # 115/2734 according to Richard Calvers Book of chassis numbers
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

it's on the list currently owned and being restored by Autofarher (thomas) who says

my interceptor is no 115/2734
actual in BRG, was metallic peat
interior was cream, but i am looking to use parts in black.
It has power steering and wire wheels. Originally it was the demo-car with carls Duerr and the film-car at "the million dollar thing"
autofahrer

Post by autofahrer »

yes, 115-2734 did survive.

first half year of its life the car was carl duerr's factory demonstrator.

then sold to a film company, that produced "Hot Millions".
you can find the complete film on youtube.
in part -4- there are the sequences with the interceptor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVDBVa6O ... playnext=0

I don't know anything about the car till 1984, when sold to berlin germany.
can anybody help?
registration was OEA 1F.
every info, photo, newspaper-report, internet-link is more then wellcome!

restauration is under process.
welding, paint, most part of intereieur and brakes is finished.
rechrom, rubbers, electric and engine are under process.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

"Hot Millions":

"This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement" :(
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex

Return to “General Discussion”