surviving Mk1s

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Re: surviving Mk1s

Post by RAP72 »

Hi Lawrence. Which car is that? No good posting a picture without the chassis number I won't be able to sleep tonight :shock:
Grant

Post by Grant »

RAP72 wrote:Hi Lawrence. Which car is that? No good posting a picture without the chassis number I won't be able to sleep tonight :shock:
I think Lawrence just found the pic on the internet SteveImage... but lets see what Lawrence saysImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Keith

Post by Keith »

Grant wrote: Lawrence just found the pic on the internet Steve... but lets see what Lawrence says
He won't say anything, just his usual form.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

RAP72 wrote:Hi Lawrence. Which car is that? No good posting a picture without the chassis number I won't be able to sleep tonight :shock:
Sorry Steve, posted from mobile in a rush. PM sent.
Keith wrote:He won't say anything, just his usual form.
Or have you maybe thought that I just don’t want to say anything to you?
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Grant wrote:
I think Lawrence just found the pic on the internet SteveImage... but lets see what Lawrence saysImage

LOL
no he didn't and, by the way, where do you think I get all my information and leads from :roll: see avatar at bottom of signature
hemi

Post by hemi »

Hello all.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/withcot ... 1170367089" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$4000 (AUD) in Queensland, Australia.

The vendor has replied to my request for the chassis number;

115-2865

Per Richards most excellent Chassis Data Book - engine No.970/15c, Rego: EAR-18F, Paint: Crystal blue, Trim: black, Options: PAS, Ex Factory: 22.5.68, Country: UK, Fate: as below

Matt
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (43 KiB) Viewed 4923 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (49.73 KiB) Viewed 4923 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (47.77 KiB) Viewed 4923 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (41.04 KiB) Viewed 4923 times
Interceptor II, 123/3936
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

I have just updated the Survivor's website. I added the white car as a new survivor and tinkered with one or two pages. now showing 349 cars(5 Unknown) or 34.08%

The main change is I have added a new page "Numbers and Locations" which contains the data previously on the front page. Unfortunately, on my Computer the Welcome Page is not showing my amendments (but is is on my iPad) I have no idea how this things work - I must be getting to old. I have also asked that owners confirm that they still have their cars and that the condition is as detailed on the website. Just click on the email address and a couple of words will suffice.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Updated the website to include a PHOTOs page. The idea is to publish good and interesting photos without comment. Obviously the ones on the page are some that I have. Perhaps those that visit the site would let me know if this will be a good addition and send me photos they think should be added.

On the WELCOME page I have include a link to 2681 and Russell's request for information about his car's first year. Those that are on FaceBook may have seen his posting and that started him wondering what happen to his car between coming out of the factory and being registered. He asks " The history of 2861 has a 1 year missing. It was registered as CLX345H in Aug 1969, having been delivered in May 1968. I had imagined it might have been a demonstrator or some such, but the Miss World story makes me wonder if the car had a use like that for a year and was handed back.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

I have just added no 350 to the list - that is 345 cars with some detail and 5 unknown giving 34.18%. I have also been able to identify 31 cars that have been scrapped.

The last car 115 2874 was a concours winner in 1991 and included in the Album is a copy of that certificate plus scans of a green Log book and the original invoice for the car. All interesting stuff. Also added are a few photos of Edwards Car at Brooklands today. As always links on the welcome page.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Few more tweaks to the Website including a section called Articles and Papers, Ok the first one is in French but I took the opportunity to start a new series of pages. Also a few more photos added to the Photo Page. And update of the main page for 115/2913 which is currently for sale.
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

It looks as though 115/3467 is now an Interceptor R, bit of a shame as it looked quite a nice car when it was for sale back in 2016.

Those 17” wheels as well, they look absolutely hideous.

https://twitter.com/JensenIntl/status/9 ... 5326256128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For those not sure about our brown demo colour...feast your eyes....
kees

Post by kees »

The 17" wheels are fine, but the paint job is horrible, terrible match front of the car with the rest.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

kees wrote:The 17" wheels are fine
You can’t beat the original chrome rostyles, but these don’t look too bad either. Much more in keeping with the 60’s look.

RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

I have just had one of the unknown cars identified as 115/2836.

I was first told about it in 2011 and it has taken until now to get the chassis number. There are some new photos added but looks in same condition. Hopefully the new owner (Regis) will get in touch with some of the French owners. I have pointed him at this website and the French section. I feel he might need some support.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

I have noted a number of Facebook pages dedicated to the Jensen so I have listed them on a new page on the MK1 site. if you know of any others please let me know and I will add them to that page.

Return to “General Discussion”