ROSTYLE "FAUXSTYLES"

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
73Mark111

Post by 73Mark111 »

I also meant to say, this is how a 550hp Interceptor should look! A real wolf in sheep's clothing or should that be a werewolf in wolf's clothing!
Well done Dave.
I can't see the bottom of the hole I've dug!

1973 Interceptor MK 111
136-8513
marekv8

Post by marekv8 »

Thanks for the kind words. I was pleasantly surprised at how accepting and interested the Stateside Mopar guys were in my project-- really a great group. They took my request to maintain a stock and understated appearance to heart and rather enjoyed the challenge of working around the restrictions.

The low awareness and value of Interceptors in the States-- especially the earlier models, is saddening. Most Mk IIs I've seen for sale have been languishing unloved out in the elements since the 1980s. Mine spent most of its life in Arizona, so it's completely "rust free” but the interior was literally cooked.

The garage in the photos is part of Apex Vintage, located in Raleigh, North Carolina. Their main business is in supporting vintage racers, so the shop is always filled with neat stuff. I lucked out with the guy assigned to my Interceptor project, he's very meticulous and sympathetic to the needs of a hand-built car. It's been at least 25 years since this car has had any real attention, so it's taking a while.
Per

Re: ROSTYLE "FAUXSTYLES"

Post by Per »

American Racing have these Rostyle lookalikes in 17x7 with 120.65mm and backspace 4. They should fit straight away, not sure about any rubbing at full lock though.
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
Grant

Post by Grant »

Per wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:48 am American Racing have these Rostyle lookalikes in 17x7 with 120.65mm and backspace 4. They should fit straight away, not sure about any rubbing at full lock though.
Hi Per..Happy new year to you Mr Man..do you have a link for these ^^^^^^^^^^^ please :wink: ..As always..Grant :P :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Per

Post by Per »

And a happy new year to you Grant, fast forward to the saltfree season and these could do the trick https://www.americanracing.com/product/ ... k-machined
Per
NigelK

Post by NigelK »

Or these? https://www.americanracing.com/product/ ... ter-barrel

The specs sheet indicates that the bolt pattern is custom and there is also a wide offset range?
Nigel Kieser
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Interceptor 115/3484
kees

Post by kees »

AFAIAC the rim diameter should be bigger, e.g. 17"x7". This will create a wide choice of widely available and therefore reasonably priced good quality modern tires.
Grant

Post by Grant »

They look like polished alloy as apposed to chrome to me..but unless I missed it, I couldn't find any details on the material usedImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Per

Post by Per »

Kees, both types are available in 15 and 17 inch by 7.

Grant, the VN501 Iinked to is denoted as monocast alloy. The other one, VN500 two piece cast center and forged barrel and also alloy.
Per
Grant

Post by Grant »

Per wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:47 pm Grant, the VN501 Iinked to is denoted as monocast alloy. The other one, VN500 two piece cast center and forged barrel and also alloy.
Thank you Per..sorry to harp on, I am not sure what that means, I presume it is cast alloy center then? and, what does Forged Barrel mean, is forged barrel meaning the rim? and would forged barrel be steel and possible be chrome then?.. there is not too much description on the listing really is there :(
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Per

Post by Per »

Yes rim is forged alloy, strength to weight ratio is way better than cast.

I still regret letting the BBS forged 3 piece lattice wheels go when I sold my XJ-S daily driver, and that was a long time ago. They weighed so little that when a guy at a tyre shop took one from the floor he knocked himself in the face with it :D
Per
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

Someone was importing the American Racing wheels to fit the Jensen in both 17 and 15 inch sizes....

https://joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29570
1970 Interceptor MK2
SKX 100J
123/3854
JOC Member 10887

Return to “General Discussion”