Don't try this at home!

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
topcataviator

Post by topcataviator »

Now to get back to the post subject, these guys were not so lucky :shock:

money_one_four

Post by money_one_four »

quote , " in my opinion " is this not the same as your view ?
you may well be right how you interpret the picture but was it necessary to mock your fellow westerners and country or was this not your intention at all.

I gave you the chance to elaborate by ending my first post (your point being ? ) to which you did not respond leaving all of us to draw our own conclusions .

If my conclusion was wrong then i apologise , but if i am right then an apology from your good self to all would not go amiss .

Alan .
CHEERS BE LUCKY ALAN
Jensen 111/440/1317 /OAR 298P
Jaguar 420G
Jaguar Sovereign v8
Winnebago M/H
topcataviator

Post by topcataviator »

Just to tell you guys . . . . I'm collecting my Mark 1 Interceptor from the body shop today at 12.30 p.m. fully restored in the original colours (as per the ORIGINAL INVOICE from Jensen Motors Ltd. Invoice number X 1358 dated June 25th, 1968).

Having had this Mark 1 for the past 29 years I am very excited that it is now totally original and a big thanks goes to John Hopwood for sending me actual colour examples of the original "Mist Grey" colour.

The Mark 1 was originally a two-tone colour, body Crystal Blue and the roof Mist Grey, as it is now.

The only other problem with originality is that I now have to get "white wall tyres" which are en route (and the requested head rest brackets, as asked for loads of times on the Forum, without success, I have the head rests but no brackets to mount them). The ORIGINAL INVOICE shows that the head rests were fitted as extras, but they are not there anymore, so I have the headrests which I purchased in 1980 but no brackets to mount them on (can anybody help in this regard as Appleyards will only sell the brackets with the head rests, how sad).

Just watch this post for images of this beautiful Mark 1 coming soon.

When the head rest brackets arrive I will post images of the Mark 1 and for your information it was the first Mark 1 Interceptor to come to Ireland, needless to say it has the original number plates TIU 875 registered in Limerick, Co. Clare, by Viscount Petersham (as shown in the log book).

For information purposes his daughter is now married to Lord Lindley, Princess Margaret's son.

What a car, it never had any major restoration work maybe it's because we do not put 'salt' on the roads here in Ireland. The body panels are all original, including foot-wells, etc. and 100% solid.

I am sooooo excited just watch this space. :D
topcataviator

Post by topcataviator »

It is now 5.30 a.m. and I'm collecting the Mark 1 at 12.30 p.m. cannot sleep, cannot wait to see it . . . . it's just Jensenitis , , , , I think!

Good night/Morning all . . . . snore . . . snore . . . . did I really say that . . . . cannot wait I hope they got the colour correct . . . . it's just a Jensen thing . . . . I know you guys understand . . . . . . . :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
topcataviator

Post by topcataviator »

Just woke-up to the sound of the V8 . . . . I don't believe this . . . purring V8 . . . . talk soon . . . .
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

mildly excited then 8)
londonlad

Post by londonlad »

Can anyone tell me if thats the plane on the roundabout just as you arrive at the airport in Kabul? Lewi where are you when I need your input!

I allways wondered how they got the thing up on its stand, it now apperars that they didnt first time round!!

Regards,

Richard
Per mere per terram
Interceptor MkII
123\4047 (Gone but not forgotten))
Julian_S

Post by Julian_S »

money_one_four wrote:quote , " in my opinion " is this not the same as your view ?
you may well be right how you interpret the picture but was it necessary to mock your fellow westerners and country or was this not your intention at all.

I gave you the chance to elaborate by ending my first post (your point being ? ) to which you did not respond leaving all of us to draw our own conclusions .

If my conclusion was wrong then i apologise , but if i am right then an apology from your good self to all would not go amiss .

Alan .
Taking the points above roughly in order.

I've re-read my OP on the subject, I don't see any ''mocking,'' just a few home truths. If there was any mocking then it seems to be aimed at the chap welding his truck.

I didn't elaborate or reply to your earlier post, it was my belief that this was unnecessary, my post hit the mark and provoked comment as desired, it would appear that you are in a minority of one regarding elaboration.

Finally I should apologise for the greed, pomposity, selfishness and excesses displayed by many of the individuals, governments and institutions of the western world towards the less fortunate.

Julian.
Interceptor III 136.9113
CJ

Post by CJ »

From the hapless to the pretty damned impressive http://www.killsometime.com/video/video.asp?ID=1387

CJ.
He who dies with the most toys wins.
Ex Interceptor 111 owner
Arvor 730 Pilothouse
Mercedes E63 Wagon
Westfield Megabird
topcataviator

Post by topcataviator »

Londonlad:
Can anyone tell me if thats the plane on the roundabout just as you arrive at the airport in Kabul
Well spotted :wink: you are correct and some useless info: the nose points approx. 200 deg., it's rather impressive approaching/leaving the airport, a bit of a distraction though sitting in the middle of the roundabout :shock:

TC
money_one_four

Post by money_one_four »

Julian ,
it would now seem i had nothing to apologise for and my conclusion of your post was correct , which as you say was " to provoke " . As for being a minority of only one , i like to give people the benefit of the doubt , but unfortunately this is now not the case .

All i can suggest is that if you wish to join in you must learn to play nicely, ( did your mother never tell you that )
thank you for your apology albeit to all the wrong people but never the less it was an apology of sorts .

I will now leave you to the weird and wonderful world that you obviously live in and is not for the normal thinking likes of others .

Please do not bother your good self to reply as i am now totally bored and need to seek some communication from people living in the real world .

To all others i hope my little rapport with Julian has kept you all amused and is of some consolation to the funny thread he " blatantly " by his own " admission " ruined .

Alan .

ps : no..no..no reply you have nothing to feel " guilty " about or the need to defend yourself .
CHEERS BE LUCKY ALAN
Jaguar 420G
Jaguar Sovereign v8
Winnebago M/H
topcataviator

Post by topcataviator »

Alan (money_one_four):
Julian, it would now seem i had nothing to apologise for and my conclusion of your post was correct , which as you say was "to provoke". As for being a minority of only one, i like to give people the benefit of the doubt , but unfortunately this is now not the case.
I think it is VERY SAD that you guys obviously have a major communications problem!

I have, in the past had similar "mis-understandings" with various people in my life but the next day you have to forget and get on with it!

SOOOOOO you guys for your sake "get your act together" with a couple of PM's. Please leave out personal grievances on the Forum, as it was never intended to be a place to score points. Just grow-up and don't assume you are always correct . . . . because you are not.

Please on behalf of all the people that use this Forum for information regarding Jensen cars and a little bit of banter GROW-UP and forget about personal opinions that have to be proven correct because that will not happen, ever.

I, personally, because I happen to have a Jensen, discovered this JOC site and I have communicated with a lot of people, with a common interest, and I can tell you that I really enjoy, and look forward on a daily basis, to checking out what's happening on the Forum, whether it is Jensen related or not because I have, without ever meeting any of you, acquired new genuine friends (on the Forum) . . . strange, it is hard to explain . . . . I hope you will get the gist of what I am saying. :shock:

Consequently I think it is very sad that the likes of the "know alls" go to extremes to make their point notwithstanding the "don't know alls" are looking for answers to problems, that may seem trivial to the "know alls". But I never expected to get replies to enquiries as follows:

An example of the replies I got as a new member with an enquiry re xxx€œWater in the Gearboxâ€
money_one_four

Post by money_one_four »

Topcataviator ,
Point taken all finished now ,

How did your car turn out ? good i hope .

Alan .
CHEERS BE LUCKY ALAN
Jaguar 420G
Jaguar Sovereign v8
Winnebago M/H
topcataviator

Post by topcataviator »

Hi Alan,

Thank you indeed for your enquiry!

I just sent a PM to you.

Many thanks,