Interceptor sx

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
ironmike

Interceptor sx

Post by ironmike »

What does everyone think of the design etc for the sx ? I quite like it and 620hp sounds good although xxx£145000 each and only 25 being made - still if I win the lotto I might order a couple !
Keith

Post by Keith »

Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Keith

Post by Keith »

. . . And they'll call it an 'SX' over my dead body.

Makes it sound like a Toyota Corolla.
Neil Brookes

Post by Neil Brookes »

Hi Guy’s

Someone needs a reality check…. What about the credit crunch and the recession…

The Interceptor S looks over priced at xxx£75k I can’t see where the cost are also have V8 delivered one yet to a paying punter

As for

xxx£145K re-bodied car --- I read into this as Botox and plastic surgery over a middle-aged frame lacking airbags, Stability control, Sensible heating and cooling and all the creature comforts of the 21st century…

This put’s it right in the middle of the true super car territory…. While I love the interceptor to bits I am a realist would it be a Ferrari, Aston or Lambo or a knife and forked car designed in the 60’s and built in a shed in a small village in Oxfordshire…. Well answers on xxx£50 notes PM me for my address.

I bet the chop shop guys on TV could do a magnificent job for less that xxx£50k and make a nice profit….. I may have just seen the future for the Jensen marque….. Now xxx£50k that only one kidney…
Neil Brookes

Lead, follow, or get out of the way
Lee Iacooca Ex Chrysler CEO
Keith

Post by Keith »

Someone needs a reality check…. What about the credit crunch and the recession…
The reality is, Neil, that for the people that can afford to pay that sort of money, there is no credit crunch.
Neil Brookes

Post by Neil Brookes »

Keith,

The credit crunch was a throw away snippet… Sooner or later V8 have to deliver a car to solidify the projects credibility for the Interceptor S

True reality is would you pay for xxx£145k for a re-bodied 1960’s designed car…. Is it value for money given that it right in the real estate of some of the best in the business…. Just because people have got money to burn they are not stupid….

I truly would love to see the Jensen marque back in production especially something like the rendering you have produced for the Predator but xxx£145k.

I am doing some Interim Work for a small volume auto manufacturer at the moment and looking at the costing of a new project. The Interceptor S was mentioned the other day in one of the meeting I attended and when I mentioned the (SX) the CEO just smiled

Now having access to OEM price for components like Create engines & gear boxes etc and add in all the knobs bells and whistles then add in some special chassis and suspension costs it simply does not add up not by a long way…

We all can dream….I wish V Eight all the best I hope they sell the all the S and SX But I will not be spending my kids inheritance on one
Neil Brookes

Lead, follow, or get out of the way
Lee Iacooca Ex Chrysler CEO
Keith

Post by Keith »

Sooner or later V8 have to deliver a car to solidify the projects credibility for the Interceptor S
If you travel up to Cropredy tomorrow you'll see the first Interceptor S.

It's been painted and is now being fitted up.

White with a black vinyl roof.

But I will not be spending my kids inheritance on one
I'm with you on that one. I can't afford to either!
Chris Cooke

Post by Chris Cooke »

SX what a name sounds like a Britiish Leyland special not a Jensen.Like something you would find on a Marina.Keiths car is special.Next Jensen deserves a special name.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Congratulations Keith! Was production always a possibility for the Predator or did you initially produce the design "on spec"? Did Cropredy get you to leak it to the forum to gauge the support for it? Tell all! I think the overwhelming support for the design must have encouraged them - the only drawback is every new Micra SX - sorry, Interceptor SX, means one less original shell left.

You must be feeling proud - let's hope it goes into production.

Stephen.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
CMG-Cellar Dweller

Post by CrAzYMoPaRGuY »

I look at the "new" versions of Jensens and can't help but wonder, why an LS based engine..????? I woulda gone with a 5.7/6.1 Hemi with the auto 5 speed gearbox myself, and kept the Chrysler theme... the 5.7 has MDS and is great for gas mileage and many outlets sell larger versions of the 6.1 Hemi, I've seen 440 cubic inch versions of the Gen3 Hemi crate engines available. 440 in a Jensen, seems natural to me!
1974 Interceptor MKIII
2210/9363

74Ceptor

There May be a better way

Post by 74Ceptor »

There may be a better way and that is to design all the parts as upgrades to an Interceptor. Given the dimensions it should be feasible and lets face it even if you upgraded your interceptor to look like the interceptor S it would be quicker/ economical at best.At worst you spend a hell of a lot to still have the same car cosmetically.You could produce it in low numbers but also have various stages available e.g stage 1 could be body stage 2 suspension etc. This approach does work.You only have to look to companies like Caterham ,Marcos etc. The revenue derived from thats side should easily pay for the R&D of the turnkey model.. What do you guy's think ? I would also like to see a manual version though many would baulk at the thought... Money aside Jensen were comparably and better than Aston's at the time this would bring the interceptor smack bang into the 21st century and give the Current Aston one helluva an a***whoppin.
'74 Ceptor
Rio's

Post by Rio's »

I think that some people are missing the point here, I have purchased an interceptor xxx€œSâ€
Kieron
Co-Administrator

Post by Kieron »

Well Said Rio's & welcome to the forum...

please post pictures of the car when its delivered

what colour scheme have you ordered?

I'm a 911 owner as my everyday car, & I'm tempted by the S...

we'll have to see what MPG you get!!
1968 Interceptor Mk 1 115/3012
1971 FF MK 2 127/284
Rio's

Post by Rio's »

Thanks for the welcome Kieron, i'll do one better for you, i have allowed the car to be showcased on the veight stand at the NEC this year if you happen to be going to Birmingham, i pick it up on the final day. I'll report my experience with the car as i put up the miles..........

Return to “General Discussion”