Hello

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
hagar

Hello

Post by hagar »

Just to say Hi.

I've just joined the forum mainly because I've got to the stage where self taught from a haynes manual doesn't cut it anymore 8)

I've 2 '73 Interceptors, one is being used as a donor for the other. The donor car is very very very rotten and I've now got to the stage where the engine is ready to come out.

6 years sat in a field hasn't done the underside any good and as a result the engine mounts are just a mass of rust!

Any help would be very usefull. 8)
Keith

Re: Hello

Post by Keith »

hagar wrote:as a result the engine mounts are just a mass of rust!

Any help would be very usefull. 8)
Welcome Hagar, but I'm sure your Jensen isn't too horrible!

Don't worry for one minute about these engine mounts. Visions of trying to undo horribly seized and rusted nuts and bolts to undo them?

Just hook up and lift the engine out. The rubber on these old mounts will not be sticking to the metal part any more, and the engine will come straight out.

No worries!
Last edited by Keith on Wed May 14, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
hagar

Rotten

Post by hagar »

Thanks for the tip on the engine mounts - I was really struggling with that one

8)

The first car my wife and i bought - it had sat in a field for 6 years then on a drive for another 6 it looked really sorry, we thought we could restore it but it was a complete basket case, major rust in every panel - chasis rails, the chrome sill covers came away in my hands with the jacking points. But the engine is good and so I stripped it of everything usefull, all I have left now is the engine to come out.

It's still attached at the gearbox and engine mounts and I can't figure out how to undo the gearbox with the engine in place so I think the whole lot is coming out.

Pictures of the two cars on the link below.

http://lawrence-morris.magix.net/
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

Hi

I would be very interested to know the chasis numbers of both cars for my records
THe one you are restoring and the one you believe is beyond that

If i have any information on either car, i will then let you know

KInd regards

JIm Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 Owned since SEptember 1978
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Welcome, Hagar.
You might consider putting your location, and basic info on your cars, into your "Signature" so people will find it easier to assist you in future.

By the way, the link did not work: it was cut short.

Stephen
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Keith

Post by Keith »

Holy thread resurrection Batman!
VFK44 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:47 pm By the way, the link did not work: it was cut short.
Stephen (Moderator)
That's 'cos he posted 14 years ago!
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Hi everyone. No one has suggested that perhaps a man with two wrecks should possibly post on "For Idiots Only". There are many suggestions on what to do with two heaps there. Also Keith old fella. Can you just take a holiday from being so bleeding right all the time? Kenny38
johnw

Post by johnw »

kenny38 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:53 pm No one has suggested that perhaps a man with two wrecks should possibly post on "For Idiots Only".
For the backstory to this, search "Lost Love" and "Sad day". I then discovered that one of the chassis numbers may or may not be
136/9068. It doesn't get easier but here is the link:
https://joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 945#p38945
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom

Return to “General Discussion”