Mk3 register?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Fat Roofer

Mk3 register?

Post by Fat Roofer »

Hi guys (and girls),

I'm new here and am looking to potentially purchase a mk3 interceptor in the coming days, I've done a hpi check and it's popped up with a couple of things, without going into too much detail on here is the a member that I could speak to privately who might be able to give me any details around the chassis number that I have for it? I know there is a register for the mk1s but wasn't sure if there was something similar for the mk3?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Steve
Owner of:
Jensen interceptor 3 chassis 2240/1566
Renault 5 GTTurbo
BMW E39 530i
Mazda CX-5
BMW E87
Series3Jensen

Re: Mk3 register?

Post by Series3Jensen »

Hi Steve

I have been recording information (available in the public domain) on all Jensen Interceptors

If you have a Chassis No happy to share what limited information that i may have on the car
Info that i have is more likely to be around previous owners, previous re-sale value and condition in part etc
If the car remains of interest, the condition of the car should be inspected carefully - as time is often their enemy

Kind regards

Jim Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 Owned since September 1978
johnw

Post by johnw »

A MK3 register is a good idea!

You can also search for the chassis number on this forum, it usually gets a hit if the car has been in use recently.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Since buying 128/4451 in 2010 I have kept a record of all
the remaining G series (early) Mk’3s (approx 100 out of 332)

With the car now for sale I will make sure all the files etc
go to the club & Jim Smith

Regards
John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

The JOC Interceptor Registrar is Neil Bennett and his details are in the "Committee" section of the club magazine.
If we know the chassis number, it might help other members identify the car and any issues.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

Where are you located Steve? Some pictures and info about the car and you will get good advice here from a lot of experienced Jensenites. :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
Fat Roofer

Post by Fat Roofer »

slotcarone wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:36 am Where are you located Steve? Some pictures and info about the car and you will get good advice here from a lot of experienced Jensenites. :)
Hi, I'm in Beckenham (s/e london/Kent boarder) is there any other owners local?

On the car itself, I have spoken to Jim Smith who gave me what knowledge he had of the car, I've then researched as much as I could about the car also as it does not seem to be known on the forum, the chassis number doesn't show up on a search, I'm happy with the car and have agreed to purchase it (barring some paperwork being completed). As I don't actually possess the car yet I feel its not my place to post pics or details of it until I own it, I'm sure there will be someone on here who knows the car or has more history on it, I will look forward to sharing more details with you (read: boring you) once I have completed the sale and work is underway!
Pymmie wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:17 pm Since buying 128/4451 in 2010 I have kept a record of all
the remaining G series (early) Mk’3s (approx 100 out of 332)

With the car now for sale I will make sure all the files etc
go to the club & Jim Smith

Regards
John P
That's great work, (although the one I'm looking to purchase is a later 1975 one) I doubt the chassis number will be on your list, i could maybe send you the chassis number via a PM to see if you have a record of it?
I've seen that you have yours for sale and must say it's a stunner, I only wish I was in the position to bid for it myself! I genuinely wish you all the best with the sale 👍🏻
Martin R wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:16 am The JOC Interceptor Registrar is Neil Bennett and his details are in the "Committee" section of the club magazine.
If we know the chassis number, it might help other members identify the car and any issues.
Thanks Martin, again, maybe I could send Neil a PM to see if he has any record of the car.

Thanks again to all that have commented and apologies in advance for the barrage of questions that I will be bugging you all with either here or in person over the coming years of Jensen ownership!

Steve
Owner of:
Jensen interceptor 3 chassis 2240/1566
Renault 5 GTTurbo
BMW E39 530i
Mazda CX-5
BMW E87
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Feel free to ask questions, even seemingly silly ones - I certainly did when I first joined in the fun! (Some might say I still do)
The search function on the forum can also be extremely useful, as many questions have been asked before.
However, the precise answers can sometimes be hard to find :D
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

Hi John

I am sorry to hear that you are selling your car
I have a number of articles on your car and you have promoted your car and the marque enormously during your ownership of the car
It must have been a difficult decision but only you know when the time is right
I have admired your car and it should go to a good home

In respect of the information you have collected, i would welcome sight of it, to incorporate into my research
I currently have information on some 298 128 Series cars but i know your research has only concentrated on the earlier cars

Thank you for looking after your car and promoting the club and i hope that you stay in contact

Kind regards

Jim Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 Owned since September 1978

Return to “General Discussion”