International

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
DPP

International

Post by DPP »

Where is everyone, our private car park is huge but ours is the only Jensen in sight.
We couldn't face the Friday traffic so booked an extra night and had a relaxed drive up today, it still took 5 hrs to get here but thats 2-3 hrs less than tomorrow would probably be.
B5864BF7-314C-43FC-9126-66B754AA25CA.jpeg
B5864BF7-314C-43FC-9126-66B754AA25CA.jpeg (140.62 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
Anton001

Re: International

Post by Anton001 »

As far I know is Kees Oudesluijs also on his way

Cheers
Anton
Jensen Healey Mk1 1123 / 11016
Jensen C-V8 MK3 112 / 2419
Jensen 541S / S1079

www.jensenholland.nl
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

That's odd, I thought I could see the P66 and Ron's 541 parked there.

(My picture from 2009 Nottingham International, which has been used for the Wikipedia entry on the P66)
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Can't make it this year.
Have a great time everyone. Weather looks like it's going to be kind - warm sunshine, warm friendship, warm engines... cool beer!

Enjoy.
Blue-SP

Post by Blue-SP »

We were supposed to make the trip today as well and stop somewhere close using Hotels.com. Unfortunately Eunis decided she didn’t want to play ball and shut down in lane 3 on the M25 at 3pm today. She is solely responsible for closing lane 3 and 4 for 50 mins and then a further 15 minutes while the traffic was held to get us to the hard shoulder. Although the lanes were red X there were hundreds that took no notice and we had two close calls with a rear end. We were told to stay in the car with our safety belts on, you can see why, with a full tank it is an experience I do not want to repeat,

We have been recovered and taken to the garage, the cause of the problem is not known as the fuel pump and supply is all good. It was the hi torque starter that is not working but is not the cause of the sudden loss of engine.

The nearest starter is in Northampton so we will have to come along in another car

EUS 806L (Eunis) 3. Jensen International 0. First time she was not finished by the Upholstery company but Covid put an end anyway, last year on an oil change they found aluminium in the oil so it had to be stripped and rebuild and this year something different. Maybe she doesn’t want to meet her brothers and sisters

See you tomorrow

John Debbie and Amber
Attachments
5F52A98C-FE7C-4479-857E-D95390E3B02B.jpeg
5F52A98C-FE7C-4479-857E-D95390E3B02B.jpeg (168.55 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
6BE92848-4CCE-4854-A93E-BFB9A0053C03.jpeg
6BE92848-4CCE-4854-A93E-BFB9A0053C03.jpeg (114.57 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
DPP

Post by DPP »

Its a shame you wont be in your Jensen but at least being a day ahead it gives you time to get here tomorrow.
Sounds really scary being sat in the car with idiots ignoring the closed lane signs.

Look on the bright side though your fuel savings will be huge coming in a modern car, I put £230 in my tank today.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
Grant

Post by Grant »

Blue-SP wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:46 pm We were supposed to make the trip today as well and stop somewhere close using Hotels.com. Unfortunately Eunis decided she didn’t want to play ball and shut down in lane 3 on the M25 at 3pm today. She is solely responsible for closing lane 3 and 4 for 50 mins and then a further 15 minutes while the traffic was held to get us to the hard shoulder. Although the lanes were red X there were hundreds that took no notice and we had two close calls with a rear end. We were told to stay in the car with our safety belts on, you can see why, with a full tank it is an experience I do not want to repeat,

We have been recovered and taken to the garage, the cause of the problem is not known as the fuel pump and supply is all good. It was the hi torque starter that is not working but is not the cause of the sudden loss of engine.

The nearest starter is in Northampton so we will have to come along in another car

EUS 806L (Eunis) 3. Jensen International 0. First time she was not finished by the Upholstery company but Covid put an end anyway, last year on an oil change they found aluminium in the oil so it had to be stripped and rebuild and this year something different. Maybe she doesn’t want to meet her brothers and sisters

See you tomorrow

John Debbie and Amber
Bloody Hell JonBoy..those smart motorways are an absolute nightmare of danger for anyone braking down..they should be abolished and put back to hardshouldered Jobbys, they have caused alot of this sort of issue with catastrophic results!!Image..I feel sad for you that this has happened to your family and Unis and your planned weekend away..but..look..you are safe sport after those horrific designed motorways.. Never mind JohnBoy..That's old cars for you..all part of it sport..have a nice time when you get there JonMan :wink: ..As always..GrantImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Jeez, that's a scary story John.
Smart motorways are anything but; they're a total misnomer.
Hope the car is soon fixed etc - glad both it, and more importantly you, escaped the stupidity of a smart motorway unscathed.
Blue-SP

Post by Blue-SP »

Thank you all,
Unfortunately V8 Astons are just as expensive to fuel up as Jensens. Shame I have a tank full in the Jensen, Shame I didn’t get one of those fuel syphon pumps I saw on a post earlier this week

Return to “General Discussion”