Does my Grandfathers Interceptor still exist?Purchased new,special order Chassis 9953 Moss Green

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Bradley1976

Does my Grandfathers Interceptor still exist?Purchased new,special order Chassis 9953 Moss Green

Post by Bradley1976 »

I’ll go to the ends of the earth to find his car!
Ron was raised in poverty stricken Nechells,Birmingham,a true rags to riches tale,he was a big Aston Villa fan,friends with the chairman,frequented the stadium.
Car now believed to be in Wales
Special order in super rare Moss Green with tan vinyl roof
With such impeccable taste he chose an Interceptor over a Rolls
Reg number HAB 571N possibly later re-reg’d as LGH 391N
Any leads much appreciated 🙏🏻
Thanks in advance
Attachments
FFDD9FDA-D2C8-4A7B-B0D2-AB222240B5BF.png
FFDD9FDA-D2C8-4A7B-B0D2-AB222240B5BF.png (774.37 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
ajc9415

Re: Does my Grandfathers Interceptor still exist?Purchased new,special order Chassis 9953 Moss Green

Post by ajc9415 »

Hi Bradley, I can’t shed any light on its existence but I have looked up the data of it’s specification. It was a well spec’d car with many factory fitted options (although a lot of them would be standard now) but times change. It had the following options
  • Voxson radio / cartridge player
    Vinyl roof
    White wall tyres
    Quartz fog lamps
    Driver and passenger door mirrors
    Rear seat belts
    Sheepskin seat inserts (mushroom colour)
It left the factory on 9th October 1974.
Good luck with your search.
Adrian
1974 Interceptor Mk III 2240-9415
JOC Member 9648
kenny38

Re: Does my Grandfathers Interceptor still exist?Purchased new,special order Chassis 9953 Moss Green

Post by kenny38 »

Encourage people to support Calver by buying a chassis book. Stop giving up secrets. We shouldn't be THAT friendly. Perhaps he isn't in the club and should join for access. Kenny38
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

According to the JOC records a man in Wales had this car when he joined the JOC in 2003 and as he is still a JOC member today the chances are he still has it. Contact Neil Bennett, the JOC Interceptor Registrar, and I am sure he can help put you in touch with the owner.

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
Bradley1976

Post by Bradley1976 »

ajc9415 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:59 pm Hi Bradley, I can’t shed any light on its existence but I have looked up the data of it’s specification. It was a well spec’d car with many factory fitted options (although a lot of them would be standard now) but times change. It had the following options
    Vinyl roof
    White wall tyres
    Quartz fog lamps
    Rear seat belts
ajc9415 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:59 pm Hi Bradley, I can’t shed any light on its existence but I have looked up the data of it’s specification. It was a well spec’d car with many factory fitted options (although a lot of them would be standard now) but times change. It had the following options
    Vinyl roof
    White wall tyres
    Quartz fog lamps
    Rear seat belts
Thanks Adrian this is fantastic news and I’m very grateful for this information

Regards,Brad
Bradley1976

Post by Bradley1976 »

John Staddon wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:12 am According to the JOC records a man in Wales had this car when he joined the JOC in 2003 and as he is still a JOC member today the chances are he still has it. Contact Neil Bennett, the JOC Interceptor Registrar, and I am sure he can help put you in touch with the owner.

John

Thankyou so much for your support,I will message Neil with fingers crossed

Kind Regards,Brad.

According to the JOC records a man in Wales had this car when he joined the JOC in 2003 and as he is still a JOC member today the chances are he still has it. Contact Neil Bennett, the JOC Interceptor Registrar, and I am sure he can help put you in touch with the owner.

John
Bradley1976

Post by Bradley1976 »

Thankyou Adrian and John for this exciting information.
Many have doubted it’s existence,thanks to you there’s still hope.
Have a great weekend

Regards,Brad
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

I looked up LGH 391N on the DVLA site and the car still exists. The colour is described as blue...
https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/V ... ?locale=en
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Frankoid wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:10 am I looked up LGH 391N on the DVLA site and the car still exists. The colour is described as blue...
https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/V ... ?locale=en
To be accurate, not quite. It is declared SORN and the last V5 was issued in 2013. All it means is that SORN was declared either at the time of the new V5 or at some point since then. It does not mean the actual car still exists. I know of, and have seen, instances where the registration still exists on SORN on the DVLA database but the actual car itself has long been scrapped. Some have even been offered for sale with the V5 on ebay.
I would suggest it is likely the car still exists but a SORN record on the DVLA database is not proof that it actually does exist.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------

Return to “General Discussion”