Early Rear Window Demister ??

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
colin7673
now normal...

Early Rear Window Demister ??

Post by colin7673 »

Went to The Great British Car Journey Museum today for the cars first run out of the year, with our local car club
Very nice place, very well laid out, but once will be enough for a while. Some absolutely beautiful unmoleseted low mileage original cars..
had a 541 with a bar in the rear parcel shelf.. sm I right in thinking this is an ealier RearWindow Demister. ?
Attachments
6C1790B9-5531-40D6-984D-1502DB4B305A.jpeg
6C1790B9-5531-40D6-984D-1502DB4B305A.jpeg (116.43 KiB) Viewed 773 times
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Re: Early Rear Window Demister ??

Post by Joerg »

Yes it is. Have it in my 541R #328.

Jörg
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

I'm preparing a topic on the different methods of rear window clearing for jensen541.com, and this was one of the types I was including. If you have any facts about dates and cost, etc. I'd be interested.

Stephen
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
johnw

Post by johnw »

Very interesting! Does it get really hot or just warm I wonder! Did the CV8 or 541 ever use rear screen blowers like the Vignale Interceptors?

On a practical note I use RainX on the outside front screen which is a big safety plus, especially on classics. I also use it on glass headlights. The contents smell like they may be dangerous on perspex or plastics. I have tried their interior Antimist product which by the looks works by reducing surface tension totally flattering the beads of mist. You can see through but not totally perfectly.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom

Return to “General Discussion”