JH 50th anniversary badges

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
george1611

JH 50th anniversary badges

Post by george1611 »

Hi all
I’ve put this on as new topic cos after my initial enquirey about 50th badges,I posted it on FB where a very clever man has helped me to hopefully bring it to the state where we now need to know numbers and type preferred,I’m sure if we can get enough interest he will make them available for purchase,please visit FB (Jensen healey page) where you will be able to chose your preference and interest in numbers ,
Regards
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: JH 50th anniversary badges

Post by Chris_R »

Further to George's post here are the suggested designs for some anniversary badges. These have been drawn up by Kieran Cunningham, a Jensen-Healey owner in California.
Badge "A" is intended as a fender/wing badge. It has the same angles and dimensions as the existing fender/wing badge.
Badges "B" and "C" are intended as either a fender/wing or trunk/boot badge.
Also being looked at is a JH badge with 50 cleverly added which would fit into the existing hood/bonnet badge location using the existing fittings and so be a direct replacement badge.
Healey badges.jpg
Healey badges.jpg (30.69 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
We would be very interested in your ideas on any or all of these badges and which, if any, you would be interested in purchasing if made.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Bob Heydon

Post by Bob Heydon »

Hi Chris,

My preference from the three images provided by Kieran is for the replacement 50th wing badge, identified as 'A'. I'm also looking at seeing if a 50th anniversary bonnet badge can be produced.

I'd be interested to know if they would be produced with the original type securing pins or would they needed to be stuck on some how?
Rob Heydon
J-H and GT Registrar
JH MK1 11988
JH Mk2 16813
1950 LE Vellocette Mk1
JOC 2059
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi
If you go on Facebook ,Jensen Healey page most of your questions will be answered
Regards
Keith

Post by Keith »

george1611 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:26 pm Hi
If you go on Facebook ,Jensen Healey page most of your questions will be answered
Regards
What questions?

And what if you don't use Facebook?
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
george1611

Post by george1611 »

????????????????
You wanted to know about original type and pin settings,as for FB really ?..
Keith

Post by Keith »

george1611 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:50 pm ????????????????
You wanted to know about original type and pin settings,as for FB really ?..
A lot of people don't use Facebook.

So if (quite important) points like size and pin dimensions/spacing are now known, shouldn't you be posting that information here?
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi
As I first posted an interest about the JH 50th and if any memorabilia would be produced on this forum,but no response was forthcoming ,I mentioned it on the JH Facebook page where to be honest it has come pretty popular ,a gentleman called Kieran took up the challenge and a poll is running to see what is the preferable design ,size etc,he is not a JOC member and he’s doing it for the challenge,I put a small post on this forum purely out of courtesy especially as it looked like the JOC didn’t offer any ideas after original post ,so the majority of work is down to Kieran on FB
Regards
Ps since my courtesy post on this forum,you are the only one to show any interest ?
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

There is certainly more activity on Facebook than on the JOC forum on this topic. However, there are those who use the forum and don't do Facebook, and those on Facebook who don't come on the forum (there are some who don't do either). You also have to be a member of the specific Jensen-Healey group to see the content as it's a private group. Anyway it makes sense to canvas both Facebook and the club forum which is why I added the picture of the proposals so far that have been put forward on Facebook. I'm no designer and the company that the JOC normally deal with for badges ask for a design from us. If they have to do something for us it's quite expensive so anyone who puts forward a design will be welcome. Kieran, a member of the Facebook group and who is based in California, stepped forward with these 3 ideas. No decisions have been made yet on which badge or badges will be made, or where they will be made, or how they will be sold.
Also, as Rob says, the idea of a replacement bonnet/hood badge with pins that will fit directly into the existing badge retainers has been put forward. Kieran is working on a design for that too. The wing/fender versions could also be made with pins to fit the existing locations. We would specify the pin dimensions and location to whomever will make the chosen badge(s).
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Peter Heywood

Post by Peter Heywood »

What about one of those gaudy plaque things, used for tours:
A picture of a JH , 1972-2022?
Use it just for car shows in 2022 and hang it in the garage after that?
The badge could be done as well, if people want it.
kees

Post by kees »

Chris_R wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:15 pm Further to George's post here are the suggested designs for some anniversary badges. These have been drawn up by Kieran Cunningham, a Jensen-Healey owner in California.
Badge "A" is intended as a fender/wing badge. It has the same angles and dimensions as the existing fender/wing badge.
Badges "B" and "C" are intended as either a fender/wing or trunk/boot badge.
Also being looked at is a JH badge with 50 cleverly added which would fit into the existing hood/bonnet badge location using the existing fittings and so be a direct replacement badge.
Healey badges.jpg

We would be very interested in your ideas on any or all of these badges and which, if any, you would be interested in purchasing if made.

My preference on these three designs would go to C. It could be neatly positioned on the ridge of the rear panel at ca. 45 degrees just under the number plate using double sided tape (no pins).
However I would much prefer a bonnet badge of the same dimensions as the original one.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

The question should be asked whether we actually need more badges. It's akin to having another faintly silly tattoo except you can always take it off and throw it away. We know our cars and do not need reminders of the day we purchased that "nothing to do" car. Keep her simple without further decorations. Geordie glad to see you are still in the club. :D Is it cold there? It got quiet chilly here today in Godszone. Rain and 19C Kenny38
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Sorry I should have said , George :) (it's the drink you know ) Kenny38
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

I could be interested in the badges
All mine are damaged or missing
Chris
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi Kenny
Sorry left club a while ago,and yes it’s cold up here but the whippets and the miners luv it heh heh
Geordie is fine ,,the only person who ever called me george was my mam (bless her)
Regards

Return to “General Discussion”