Jensen first love: avatar and Signature

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Stephen,
Your new signature is intriguing.
Is there a story you can share about that?
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Adrian, I've moved your question to a new thread.

I just came across a lovely gif of a rotating Interceptor on the JIA site, and wanted to use it as my avatar. Having done so, I thought people might think I had "swapped sides" and bought a V8. Nothing wrong with that.

When I was a 7 or 8 year old I admired the silver FF owned by local business man Harry Chandler (HC 1000) Then a couple of years later I was at a car show when someone opened an Interceptor MK1 door, and as soon as I saw the cowls and the slim wooden wheel, I was in love and swore I'd own one, one day.

Later I realised you could have the same recipe of 4-seater coupe, with massive multi-cylinder engine and beautiful bodywork, but set in the 1950s era. I became a 541 convert. The two cars are very similar in approach, and share the same wheelbase.

So that's why my avatar and Signature have changed.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex

Return to “General Discussion”