Short film: Forward Ambulation

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
felixkk

Re: Short film: Forward Ambulation

Post by felixkk »

Wolfgang wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:06 pm great video Felix,

is it the way via the Muotatal to the Clamsen pass? (my parents had a chalet there...)
was it done by helicopter or drone?

would like to have joined you :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're part of the Brussels interclassics - but with Lotus...

Viele liebe Grüße in die Schweiz
Wolfgang
Muotatal is behind the Klausen on the right when you come from Glarus, as I did. You can go to Muotatal from Glarus via the Pragelpass, you pass by the Klöntalersee. Do you mean that one? I've never done that pass, it's closed over the weekends. Let me know when you're in the area and we'll do the Klausen in the C-V8, but the Lotus will probably be more fun- depending which Lotus you have. Avoid the pass though on the weekend, unless you go early in the morning- too much traffic.
Last edited by felixkk on Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
kees

Post by kees »

felixkk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:03 pm
Andi Kreis wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:29 am Car clock is not working :wink:
only whay to get unstuck is without a clock... ok, ok, I'll check the fuse (since you did repair the clock not long ago).

You have to start up these clocks immediately after they have been disconnected, after a flat or disconnected battery etc. Failing to do so will damage these clocks. Most of the electric parts are easily repaired and available. They are polarity sensitive but polarity can be changed.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

I love this Forum. One moment we are talking about aerial shots of a Jensen in a mighty mountain pass, the next we are discussing the polarity of the clock.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

:D It's always back to the technicals :D What does that mean you have to start the clock up after reconnecting the power? I don't know what else is on that fuse (map light, antenna?), stuff I never use. I disconnect the battery when I park the C-V8, so one way or the other the clock will be disconnected...
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

kees

Post by kees »

These Smiths/Jaeger clocks do not start working automatically when the power is connected. They are a bit odd but brilliant in their construction. Reliability however suffers.
After being disconnected for some reason or another, you have to start the clock when connected up again by shortly pushing the time adjustment knob or adjust the time. Failing to do so may result in burned contact points of the balance wheel or a burned coil. It is a fairly easy repair if you have the necessary parts i.e. coil and/or balance wheel. These do turn up occasionally NOS on eBay. Whenever I see them in a quantity at a reasonable price I always buy them.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Ah, ok! Thank you Kees. The clock's never really been on my radar until now.
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Thank you Felix for your impressions

and yes you're right with the route. The time I've done that I was 18 or 19 years old (means it's now 40 years ago), my parents had a chalet in Muotatal (no electricity, heating by wood, cooking by gas, no phone - and a hell lot of cows...) Having checked very old photos last evening, on the other side of the chalet was a huge waterfall, Papa was going there with his Mercedes S-Class, I was with my (at this time actual - in racing I was driving a Porsche) private car a Volkswagen Scirocco (open Weber Carburetors, perhaps around 150hp, Bilstein suspension and below 1,000 kg)
And Yes it was via the Pragelpass, the Klöntalersee I remember because there my engine had been overheated :?
I liked the small and narrow roads in Moutatal, the every morning shopping for breakfast - from time to time with some adrenaline because of standing a cow in the middle of the road...
Also remembering a tour via Gotthard (not the tunnel) with my first own Porsche and fading brakes...

But it's a long time ago...

Perhaps we are able to do this trip next year with the Lotus, just setting up a garage with my partner in France - not so far away from Switzerland, just got him with new Weber's (45er's) to around 200hp (weight about 550 kg's) - but still have to replace the brakes by Wilwood's - otherwise we may have a downhill problem...

But again - an amazing video - congrats again

Have a nice weekend
Wolfgang
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

and my original swiss espresso machine is still in my household...
and my original swiss espresso machine is still in my household...
0CE13382-F6CF-41B2-B8AC-CFB897AA6886.jpeg (95.29 KiB) Viewed 1418 times
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Lovely video Felix (sorry, I’ve come to this thread late!)

Stuart
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Thanks Stuart
no electricity, heating by wood, cooking by gas, no phone - and a hell lot of cows...
kind of wish it was still like this today, then again our dishwasher is broken at the moment and I feel like half the day is spent doing the dishes :roll: we also still use those coffeemakers, but I think they're italian. My grandfather was sent up to Muotatal frequently during WWII- as a military veterinarian he had to compensate the farmers for the cows who had died due to the artificial fogging of the valley. They did that, apparently, so that the planes had more difficulty to orient themselves (according to my mother). He always brought home cheese and meat, given to him by the farmers, which was very much appreciated during those times.
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

Return to “General Discussion”