California & Western Region of the USA - Recognition, Growth & Support

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

California & Western Region of the USA - Recognition, Growth & Support

Post by KaranMK2 »

California and the Western Region of the USA was targeted for Jensen Healey and Interceptor cars with good success. Over the last 50 years a surprisingly large number of cars have stayed in this location, although many “rust free California cars” have found their way around the world.

This month, Tony Hamer and Chuck Huber have been appointed as area representatives to reinvigorate our JOC presence in the region with especial emphasis on tours, events, meets and joint activities with other regional car clubs. Please join with us in assisting Tony and Chuck as they spread the word and organize events for 2021/22 in the region.

The first event is planned for Northern Arizona on October 27th to 29th and includes a drive from Prescott to Cottonwood, a classic railroad outing in the Verde Valley, and an overnight stay at a historic western hotel.

For more information on plans for the region, please contact Tony at westernusa@joc.org.uk or Chuck at california@joc.org.uk as they undertake this assignment to reinvigorate our Jensen Owners Club presence and provide greater value to our members.

As Chairman and Vice-Chairman, Shaun and I welcome the initiative and drive of Tony and Chuck and we pledge our support going forward.

Kind regards,
Karan
kenny38

Re: California & Western Region of the USA - Recognition, Growth & Support

Post by kenny38 »

Go for it, Rocky. Be nice. Kenny38
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Hi Kenny -

Nothing could enhance our status more if the Princess Grace 6-Pack interceptor with it’s Canaberrian Copper cellulose paint could attend one (or several) of our events!

On a more serious note - Thank you Mr. (Co)Chairman for the introduction, and endorsement.

We are working to engage the current membership, and hopefully find a few more of our ilk to join in with us!

Watch for the pictures from our first event!

Rocky
(Chuck)
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
T22Bones

Post by T22Bones »

Thanks Karan and Shaun for this posting....I'm just back from a week of driving the Pacific Coast Highway in Central California and am totally up for this new challenge. Maybe a future event for us is a run up and down the PCH in our Healeys and Interceptors during the fall of 2022?
We have very low membership in the Western Region and Chuck and I have taken up the roles of developing value for all Jensen owners from Washington to California and from the West Coast beaches to Colorado, New Mexico, Montana, Wyoming, and those mid-Western Region states of Arizona, Utah, Nevada and Idaho.
Please feel free to reach out to me (T22Bones) and Chuck (RockyUSA) to bend our ears and provide your opinions on what you would like to do, see or hear about over the next months and years. We promise to listen to your ideas and wishes.....and take appropriate action!
1960 Jaguar Mk2; 1964 Morris Minor Traveller; 1968 Jaguar E-Type Coupe; 2012 Porsche Panamera.
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Good luck and much success to you Chuck and Tony.
BritArms

Post by BritArms »

Wish I had of Known about this earlier. I would of bought my Ex Doug Myers MK 1 Interceptor
Hangtowner

Post by Hangtowner »

Great idea. Steve Brenneman and I have kicked some ideas around for a Northern California and Reno based event then Covid got in the way. Just a bit too short a notice for me on the Arizona event.
T22Bones

Post by T22Bones »

Thanks guys for the words of support, and thanks for approaching us. In addition to the October event in Northern Arizona, we will schedule a zoom call in November so we can start to discuss events and activities in which all Jensen owners in the Western Region can enjoy and participate.
We have an understanding of the roll of members in California and the Western Region, and if you know of non-members please let us know so we can include them in our community and our communications.
It would be great to have events in Northern California, Reno etc and also maybe Las Vegas, the PCH near Morro Bay, might be other attractive locations.
Best regards,
Tony (T22Bones) & Chuck (RockyUSA)
1960 Jaguar Mk2; 1964 Morris Minor Traveller; 1968 Jaguar E-Type Coupe; 2012 Porsche Panamera.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Tony & Chuck,
It may be worth your while also looking on the Jensen Interceptor Facebook groups. There may be people contributing there that are not JOC members or not forum members and would not otherwise see your communications.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Good point, Chris….

I that’s a part of our strategy, I just have to get after it!

Regards -

Chuck (a.k.a. Rocky)
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

After posting that I realised that I didn't mean just Jensen Interceptor groups, there is also a Jensen-Healey group which definitely has a good number of US participants, so don't forget those too.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------

Return to “General Discussion”